PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Dilemma!!!!

amirose
19-05-2011, 05:46 PM
Me and my mum were supposed to go away for a week in June.
The idea was we'd get a last minute deal - we don't care where we go at all, we are just looking for a cheap and cheerful 7 night break (under £300 each by as much as humanely possible - £200 would be better!), all inclusive so we could not stress, and near a beach with some sun!
We aren't looking to explore etc we just literally want to read books, sunbathe and go for a few drinks in the evening.
We've been looking online but we are SO overwhelmed and don't have a clue where to go!!! Prices seem more expensive then we expected too :(
We would be flying out Saturday 6th June and the only thing we have agreed is we don't want to go to Turkey!!!

sarah707
19-05-2011, 06:48 PM
We are off to Greece soon and can't wait... Cyprus is lovely at this time of year too... or the south coast of Spain around Malaga... or if you go slightly inland you will get better deals...

It depends on where you've been before but if you look for 3 or 4 star all inclusive beach you can't go far wrong... then go onto Trip Advisor and read what people are saying about it.

Why not ask a travel agent, pick their brains then see if you can get it cheaper at home ... sorry if there are any travel agents out there!!

Hth :D

The Juggler
19-05-2011, 08:56 PM
oh hon,not sure :( greek islands are usually cheaper - to get to and spending whilst you are there.

Ripeberry
20-05-2011, 07:04 AM
Had a look on some sites and it seems Bulgaria or Turkey are the cheapest.
But then I would not fancy either of them.
What about camping? At least you can get the sun and it should not be too expensive to get your own food if you camped in France.

wendywu
20-05-2011, 08:30 AM
I know you dont want to go to turkey but i have just booked my DD and her boyfriend into the Hotel Imperial Bodrum early june. With thompson.

It is a AI with several ala carte restaurants, shows in the evening, 7 bars, water sports. Its all their meals, drinks, snacks and ice creams.

Its set out in vast grounds like a village. It looks lovely and i thought £370 was a really good price. As when we wre in cyprus the other year we wer paying 2 euros for bottle water and 3 euros for a coffee. So it soon adds up