PDA

View Full Version : utility warehouse

dusky777
19-05-2011, 12:22 PM
Hi just wondering if anyone uses them?

We are just debating changing over to them....it all sound good on paper but dont know anyone else who uses them at the moment.

We will be using the cash back offer to hopefully reduce our bills but not sure if it all sound too good to be true.

Minstrel
19-05-2011, 12:28 PM
No.

It's similar to a pyrimid scheme.

Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole! Sorry!

dusky777
19-05-2011, 12:29 PM
No.

It's similar to a pyrimid scheme.

Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole! Sorry!

oh....never heard of a pyrimid scheme....best look into it a bit more i think!!

Greengrass74
19-05-2011, 01:07 PM
Hi Dusky

Like minstrel said they are pyramid selling, some people love this and some wouldn't touch it, I would certainly do some research before commiting.

Have a look at the following link, it may help you make up your mind

http://mycheaperutilitybills.co.uk/cheapest-electricity/utilitywarehousescams/

Dave

sarah707
19-05-2011, 07:00 PM
Absolutely not won't touch them!

I joined years ago and it didn't save me anything, in fact I seemed to be paying more plus a fee to belong to them.

I couldn't get out for a year either :(

Kiddleywinks
19-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Same as Sarah....

Got caught out by a friend who had recently swopped to them and he also became a 'reseller'

It sounded reasonable on paper, my gas and electric was £90 per month with my then supplier. Once I switched, it went up to £125 per month after month 2 or 3. I was horrified, called my mate in a panic, but of course there was nothing he could do and they'd just done the same to him, so I called them to complain that they'd raised it so much and was told they were guesstimating based on my current usage (Winter) Told them to reduce it down or I would cancel, can't do that until the year is up and guess what, aint lowering the payments either!
Waited another 3 months, asked them to reassess again, fully expecting a reduction,.... they raised the payment to.....£137!!!! Apparently fuel costs had risen in the meantime (?????!!!!)

Bear in mind I'd been in credit with my old supplier, and had been paying £90 a month for the previous 4 years!!!
To say I was furious is an understatement. I stopped paying them 2 months before the end of the twelve months, so they could use up the credit they'd accumulated in their bank account as I already knew I was going to be swapping suppliers.

I would never EVER swap to them.
Another friend of mine came over recently, had a business opportunity he wanted to share and could reduce my outgoings at the same time.... Told him if he mentioned the words Utility Warehouse then he was no longer welcome in my house hahahaha.

Steer clear of them! If you want cheaper fuel/phone or mobile suppliers, do your own research independently yourself with something along the lines of uswitch etc.
Oh, incidently, I went back to my old supplier and now pay £117 per month... Go figure!

Chrissie x

mummyjo
24-05-2011, 12:41 PM
Do not join!

They are currently costing me the earth and I am waiting to get out of the contract!!!!!