PDA

View Full Version : Tuff Spot and stand wanted

OrlandoBelle
19-05-2011, 10:49 AM
I am probably the only childminder on here who doesn't have one of these, but I am after a Tuff Spot with a stand. I have seen them on the TTS website and in their catalogue, but I think they're quite expensive for what they are. The stand is over £54 ex VAT!

I have found a tuff spot on Amazon for £10, but now I need a stand. Does anyone know where I can get hold of one fairly cheaply?

Bernie
19-05-2011, 10:57 AM
could you just elavate it on a childs table or a box?

I agree the stands are very expensive and i'm not sure they'll even fit the cheaper tuff spots.

I got mine from Wicks (standless)

xx

OrlandoBelle
19-05-2011, 11:06 AM
Yes, I do have some small tables it could stand on. May do that to begin with, but would like a stand to use in the garden.

Twinkles
19-05-2011, 11:46 AM
I have a cheap plastic table that I use in the garden. And instead of a tuff spot I have a plant pot tray. It is large and round and plastic and does the job very well and cost me about £8 from a garden centre.

sweets
19-05-2011, 12:07 PM
I have a cheap plastic table that I use in the garden. And instead of a tuff spot I have a plant pot tray. It is large and round and plastic and does the job very well and cost me about £8 from a garden centre.

thats what i use. i have a square compost tray each side about 1metre, i just put it on a little table i have in the garden, mine was about £5 i think

JulieA
19-05-2011, 12:53 PM
I use an underbed storage box. I pop the lid on overnight to keep the contents clean (and dry).

jayjay1963
19-05-2011, 06:45 PM
Just had to google this as I had never heard of them! I have however seen one in action at one of my mindee's nursery:blush: Look good but agree they aren't exactly cheap.

Jacqui

onceinabluemoon
19-05-2011, 06:51 PM
I use a 1m by 1m composting tray too, its exactly the right size for 3 little ones and doesn't cost a fortune to fill up with stuff like shaving foam or whatever, we've even been known to use it for filling posts with compost, lol

I think it was about a fiver too.

Could you get one of these and have someoone knock you up a wooden frame?

karensmart4
19-05-2011, 07:16 PM
I have a cement mixing tray from Tool Station, very cheap and strong.

I put it on the playroom table indoors and I take the table outside when I want to use it out there, I put one of those non slip mats under the tray, works a treat :clapping:

AnnieM
20-05-2011, 01:28 PM
I have one of the tts trays and adjustable stand, I was lucky enough to win it locally on ebay for a fiver, also had the minibeast mat and a cover, but the cover was ripped, need to get a new one so we can leave it out overnight. :) So it is always worth keeping an eye open on there. Before that we used the builders tray from wickes and it does fit the stand but the tts trays have a slightly deeper inside. We tend to use one for messy stuff outside and the other one with the stand, mats and smallworld inside, it does take up quite a bit of room though when up. :thumbsup:

mushpea
22-05-2011, 04:49 PM
I bought the stand and tray from tts about 3yrs ago and its still going strong but was expensive though,, the lid was rubbish, a peice of plastic which easily ripped so my OH cut me a lid from ply shaping it to the top of the tuff spot.

miffy
23-05-2011, 08:49 PM
I

I have found a tuff spot on Amazon for £10, but now I need a stand. Does anyone know where I can get hold of one fairly cheaply?

The stands don't fit all tuff spots so beware - I have a proper stand and tuff spot from tts and also a cheaper tuff spot from the builders merchants, this one doesn't fit the stand.

Miffy xx

Mrs Book
25-05-2011, 09:05 PM
This is strange because I was only thinking of something like this today :laughing:

I have no soil in my garden and wanted something like this to put soil on for kids to dig in, at the moment they use a cat litter tray. Remember my dad having something like this for mixing concrete on.

Like the idea of the large seed tray, may need to investgate wilkinsons.

Daisy1956
08-06-2011, 08:05 PM
I use a compost tray,I put it on a plastic patio table that we were going to get rid of.My hubby cut the legs to make it shorter for the children, it works great and didn't cost a fortune.

missymood
08-06-2011, 10:39 PM
I use a compost tray,I put it on a plastic patio table that we were going to get rid of.My hubby cut the legs to make it shorter for the children, it works great and didn't cost a fortune.

That's a really good idea:thumbsup: