PDA

View Full Version : Re Portfoilo and policies

afsha1810
19-05-2011, 05:44 AM
Hi

I am currently doing my pre-reg course and am building my portfoilo. I am doing my policies and wanted to ask how many policies I should start with in my portfolio and which ones? :huh:

There are loads and am not sure :confused: if I need all of them to start with or just some of them.

Look forward to hearing from you :)

Afsha

Jiorjiina
19-05-2011, 12:57 PM
Start with the policies you have to have, and then work out from there any others you will need.

You have to have:

a safeguarding children policy and procedure (to include the procedure to be followed in the event of an allegation being made against a member of staff)

a policy for ensuring equality of opportunities and for supporting children with learning difficulties and disabilities

a policy for administering medicines,

a behaviour management policy

a procedure for dealing with concerns and complaints from parents

a procedure to be followed in the event of a parent failing to collect a child at the appointed time

a procedure to be followed in the event of a child going missing

a procedure for the emergency evacuation of the premises.

What else do you think you might need? The main pont to remember is that policies are basically written down statements that show people that you know a problem might exist, and that you know how you would deal with it.

As for others you might need, do you have pets? do you have a care you will use? How will you handle bullying/aggressive behaviour? How about late payments of fees?

The link most people put up is for Bromley Childminding Association (http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/), which has loads of examples of policies on it.

missnaughty
19-05-2011, 03:16 PM
Start with the policies you have to have, and then work out from there any others you will need.

You have to have:

a safeguarding children policy and procedure (to include the procedure to be followed in the event of an allegation being made against a member of staff)

a policy for ensuring equality of opportunities and for supporting children with learning difficulties and disabilities

a policy for administering medicines,

a behaviour management policy

a procedure for dealing with concerns and complaints from parents

a procedure to be followed in the event of a parent failing to collect a child at the appointed time

a procedure to be followed in the event of a child going missing

a procedure for the emergency evacuation of the premises.

What else do you think you might need? The main pont to remember is that policies are basically written down statements that show people that you know a problem might exist, and that you know how you would deal with it.

As for others you might need, do you have pets? do you have a care you will use? How will you handle bullying/aggressive behaviour? How about late payments of fees?

The link most people put up is for Bromley Childminding Association (http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/), which has loads of examples of policies on it.

Hi
Can you use the bromley ones but change the wording to suit you?x

sarah707
19-05-2011, 06:52 PM
Hi
Can you use the bromley ones but change the wording to suit you?x

Yes you can... you need to make sure they suit you and your way of working :D