PDA

View Full Version : Pre-reg visit - aarrgghhh...

Pandypops
18-05-2011, 10:31 PM
I got the call this afternoon from Tribal and they are coming this Friday :panic:

Less than 2 days notice, here was me thinking I would have a few weeks notice to get everything ready.

I am so nervous and don't feel prepared. I am sat up doing risk assessments, still haven't completed the pre-reg booklet (how many questions!?), have loads of things I still need to do and buy and my flat needs a deep clean - all with my 11 month old son around who is ill and just learning to walk and is draining me (bless him).

I really hope it all goes well.......

missnaughty
18-05-2011, 10:53 PM
I got the call this afternoon from Tribal and they are coming this Friday :panic:

Less than 2 days notice, here was me thinking I would have a few weeks notice to get everything ready.

I am so nervous and don't feel prepared. I am sat up doing risk assessments, still haven't completed the pre-reg booklet (how many questions!?), have loads of things I still need to do and buy and my flat needs a deep clean - all with my 11 month old son around who is ill and just learning to walk and is draining me (bless him).

I really hope it all goes well.......

Bless ya! I am sure everything will be fine (Says me :panic: )
I just want to wish you luck and I hope everything goes well. Sending hugs x

Penny1959
19-05-2011, 04:39 AM
Hello

Please do not worry too much as this is a pre reg.
You are not expected to have everything in place - just need to know what you will be doing - so for example - risk assessment - the fact that you have made a start is good - just have a list of the other ones you want to have in place before start childminding first child.

Same with everything else just know what you are going to do and talk about your plans to inspector.

In time left concentrate on the pre reg booklet as this helps you be prepared for the questions the inspector will ask.

As to deep cleaning - they do not expect 'show home' just a safe home so of course somethings need to have been done.

With a little one around - just do what you can when little gone to bed night before inspector comes.

Penny :)

Pandypops
19-05-2011, 07:49 AM
Thanks for the advice - I feel much calmer now I have had a few hours sleep. My darling sister is coming round to take my son out for a few hours so I can get myself as sorted as possible.

I am just worried because I live in a flat and there is no garden, just a balcony area, so I really hope I am allowed to mind here.....

I will be happy when it's all over tomorrow!

mrs_scottydog
19-05-2011, 08:00 AM
Good luck for tomorrow. Like Penny says don't worry, my lady was lovely and it was just a chat really and she just made sure I was aware of everything. Hx

Pandypops
19-05-2011, 09:20 AM
Thanks Helen, I am always reading on here about how people were nervous and then it turned out fine, but it doesn't seem to settle the nerves. I just need to keep calm so I don't forget to do anything today and then get some sleep if I can tonight.

Thanks everyone, I love this forum!! :)