PDA

View Full Version : Am I cut out for this?

larlinlisa
18-05-2011, 02:00 PM
Hello

I feeling a bit down about all this childminding stuff and am starting to feel "am i cut out to be a childminder?"

I have three children of my own, and when I have their friends I always make sure its fun, they eat what I make them and their parents always say how did you get them to eat that?

When we go out with groups of friends and their unruly children, I stand by for a while and watch them try and control them then take over and have them listening and do as instructed but in a fun way !!

Im on my cypop 5 course and just coming up blank to answers ! im always on here asking for advise and help. I still dont feel i know where to start. I havent been given any forms to fill out for ofsted, I am making an appoointment for NCMA to come over to visit my house but I feel like can I do this or more of the point am I cut out for this?? for example my task says "design a plan showing a challenging and enjoyable learning enviroment in the home that includes using everyday domestic routines and household items" and i dont know if its because im tired--not only have three young children but also work 23 hours a week and they have me doing course work there as well--- but im just coming up a blank !!!

:( : :panic: :huh: :yawning: :crying: :confused: :ohdear:

Ripeberry
18-05-2011, 02:46 PM
When you are tired, everything seems 10X worse. But the question is quite a good one and makes you think of how to use your space.
I always think of it as "What can the kids do when it's tipping down outside?"

For example, we once used the washing up basket as a 'tortoise shell', moved the sofa forward from the window and used the curtains to make a den in the gap.
We would then use the glove puppets to make a show to the others (popping over the edge of the sofa).
Make an obstacle course, if you have wooden floors, use blankets as boats...anything really :thumbsup:

Hope this gives you some ideas of your own :)

boxtree7
18-05-2011, 02:50 PM
When you got more then 20 things to do at once - sometimes its diffcult to see where to start. Do a little a bit at time and you will see the finish line. Take Care and don't give up !!!

Jiorjiina
18-05-2011, 02:53 PM
You won't get the forms for Ofsted until the end of your CYPOP 5 (or they will tell you to fill them in online (https://online.ofsted.gov.uk/OnlineOfsted/Default.aspx))

I would be knackered if I was in your situation, so don't worry too much!

You'll find that most of the answers to the course questions are just the same thigns you probably already do in real life, just written down and organised into a step by step process.

I found the Childminding - Secrets of Success (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0954350014/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=childminding-21&linkCode=as2&camp=1634&creative=19450&creativeASIN=0954350014) book really helpful when I was doing mine, and a load of others from my course went on to get it too.

Blaze
18-05-2011, 03:10 PM
Den building using dining table/washing up stand / blankets /cushions.:)

larlinlisa
18-05-2011, 03:11 PM
Thank you all i think soak in bath choc bar nice cuppa and early night then start again tomorrow !!