PDA

View Full Version : BIRTHDAYS

angeldelight
18-05-2011, 10:27 AM
Do you celebrate your own birthday ?

Does everyone in your family remember ?

Are birthdays a big thing in your house or just special ones ?

Do you have a cake ?

Do you wish people would remember it is your birthday or is it just like any other day ?

What about your other half is he hopless or great and always knows what to buy you

What about family members - do you make their day special if so how - what do you do

Or do you not care about birthdays ?

Birthdays in our house are always special and we all make a big effort - buy nice cards and gifts - always a special tea or a meal out - lots of visits from friends and family and we always always have a birthday cake no matter how old we are :laughing:

Just wondered what everyone else does ?

Angel xx

Stew....pid
18-05-2011, 10:55 AM
Do you celebrate your own birthday ? ... at 44 i trya nd forget them :(

Does everyone in your family remember ?... Yes and remind me how old i am :(

Are birthdays a big thing in your house or just special ones ?.... kids birthdays a big deal as was The Wifes 40th last year :)

Do you have a cake ?..... For the kids but not for ours :(

Do you wish people would remember it is your birthday or is it just like any other day ?..... at 44 its just like any other day:)

What about your other half is he hopless or great and always knows what to buy you.... Yes she likes to buy me socks :(

What about family members - do you make their day special if so how - what do you do... only the kids, its their day to choose what they want :)

Or do you not care about birthdays ? .... yer i love the kids birthdays :D

And thats all i gotta say about that......

Daddy Day Care
18-05-2011, 11:05 AM
Didnt evewn get a card of the wife or kids for my 30th this year :(

We celebrate the kids birthdays but dont normally do anytihng for our own

Gareth
xxxx

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
18-05-2011, 11:27 AM
I try to forget my birthdays now, but my mum and dad and brother and hubby and children get me something which is really nice.

We do try and go out for a meal as well xx

Twinkles
18-05-2011, 11:59 AM
This year I'm going to Spain to celebrate my 50th Birthday ( a year late :rolleyes: ).

I was 'otherwise engaged' last year.

I've always wanted to go to the Alhambra Palace so we're going to drive to Granada for the day ( from Malaga ) and go to the palace.

As a family we always go out for a special meal on our Birthdays - Birthday girl/boy gets to choose where.

Thank goodness my kids are grown up now and don't keep choosing Pizza hut as they did when they were little !!

PixiePetal
18-05-2011, 12:23 PM
This year I'm going to Spain to celebrate my 50th Birthday ( a year late :rolleyes: ).

I've always wanted to go to the Alhambra Palace so we're going to drive to Granada for the day ( from Malaga ) and go to the palace.

As a family we always go out for a special meal on our Birthdays - Birthday girl/boy gets to choose where.

Thank goodness my kids are grown up now and don't keep choosing Pizza hut as they did when they were little !!

Alhambra is lovely - went on a days coach trip when I was a nanny to a family whos grandparents lived near Marbella and I went with them for hols there. On my day off I did the trip.

nannymcflea
18-05-2011, 02:05 PM
Do you celebrate your own birthday ?

Does everyone in your family remember ? Yes, I make sure!:D

Are birthdays a big thing in your house or just special ones ? Everyones birthday gets celebrated.

Do you have a cake ? Not all the time.

Do you wish people would remember it is your birthday or is it just like any other day ?

What about your other half is he hopless or great and always knows what to buy you Gentle hints or sometimes a sledge hammer is needed

What about family members - do you make their day special if so how - what do you do

all apart from dd2's birthday are in the holidays, summer or Xmas, we all used to take the day off on dd2's birthday but now dd1 is at secondary it's a bit trickier, and she isn NOT happy!

Angel xx

I love birthdays.:clapping:

kindredspirits
18-05-2011, 02:09 PM
I like birthdays - they are important. I was very lucky this year - Dh organised me a surprise party at his ex wifes house which was really sweet - and he made sure there was load of meat on the table as i am craving meat atm.

I am less impressed with you ladies though - not a single happy birthday post despite my name showing up as todays birthday on the bottom of the forum. :(

I always make a home made cake for other peoples birthday, usually something lavish and extravagant.

Dh's 51st is coming up in a fortnight so i'm off shopping soon. :thumbsup:

LOOPYLISA
18-05-2011, 02:24 PM
We always celebrate :clapping:

Cake, decs, and they dare forget my birthday :D

Happy birthday kindred x

boxtree7
18-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Nope - i got no interest in birthdays.

kindredspirits
18-05-2011, 03:59 PM
Happy birthday kindred x

It was a month ago :D i meant it showed up as 'todays birthday' on my birthday :blush: thanks though! :laughing:

mrs_scottydog
18-05-2011, 04:28 PM
We have a family get together for our birthdays, whatever our age. As our families live an hour away we celebrate at the weekend instead so that they can join us.
Only family member likely to forget is my dad, but my mum often reminds him! Lots of my friends didn't remember this year though.
I make a cake for DH and DS (and quite often for DHs family if they request one). DH always makes me a cake.
I'm not a big fan of being the centre of attention but can never forget it's my birthday, not with my mum and DH's mum reminding everyone! I do like having all the family round though.
DH is good at getting presents for me - he's full of ideas.
We always make an effort to get together for family birthdays especially as they don't live on our doorstep, I don't often get to see my family as most of them are 200 miles away but I always call them and make sure they get a card, they get their present the next time I visit them.
DH and I can't 'forget' our birthdays next year as we'll both be 30! Hx

Carol M
18-05-2011, 08:21 PM
I've lost count now :blush:
This year was absolutely fantastic tho. I met up with some lovely likeminded people from a forum and had a super time in Birmingham. I had a cake too:D
Celebrated the following week with dh, dd1 and dd2 with a meal out.
We usually do something for family birthdays either meal, party or trip out to somewhere like Alton Towers, depends what the birthday boy/girl chooses.
I miss the days of organising my dd's parties but thankfully they are more than happy to share their day with us, as long as we spend shed loads on their pressie :laughing:
Carol xx

SamBaker
18-05-2011, 08:27 PM
My Birthdays Christmas Day, so with two kids, it's not really a thing any more. Does mean I never cook Christmas dinner, unfortuantly, like for my 30th, every one is too busy or too skint to come out partying :( All together now, ahhhhhhh! :laughing: :laughing:

LOOPYLISA
18-05-2011, 08:37 PM
It was a month ago :D i meant it showed up as 'todays birthday' on my birthday :blush: thanks though! :laughing:

Oh phew i thought we had forgot :eek: :laughing:

The Juggler
18-05-2011, 09:53 PM

aww hon, have a lovely time. a double celebration :clapping: :clapping:

mushpea
19-05-2011, 06:13 AM
we always do somthing special for the kids,, they choose their treat iecinema,,, the OH goes to the pub for his and mine gets a bit overlooked cause its 29th dec so christmas celbrations still going on