PDA

View Full Version : Not CM related -re own child

BuggsieMoo
18-05-2011, 09:58 AM
Hi All

After abit of advice really re my 4 year old daughter.

She has started to wet herself saying it hurts to wee and has been holding it in. This has been going on since back end of last week although the accidents are very few - when she does wee she says it hurts. She also keeps complaining of low pain in her groin area. She has had a urine sample taken and it is negative, is not running a temperature and 99% of the time is fine although has become very tearful.

I am thinking that perhaps it is cos Daddy has gone away (he is in the Army) and she is starting to notice all the times he goes and maybe this is a subconcious thing due to that. IYSWIM?

Anyone ever had this with their LO? I have no idea what it can be and the doctors have no appointments! I spoke to the nurse at the doctors and they can see her next week if needs be. Its just it comes and goes and doesnt always hurt when she wee's.

Thanks

Lisa

Happy Bunny
18-05-2011, 10:02 AM
My daughter sometimes complains that it hurts to go to wee, in her case it due to constipation.
Sorry can't be much more help.

BuggsieMoo
18-05-2011, 10:04 AM
My daughter sometimes complains that it hurts to go to wee, in her case it due to constipation.
Sorry can't be much more help.

Thanks. I know its not that as we have to give her meds to make her firm as she has bowel issues (hope it is not this flaring up again) and she is never really firm.

xx

RainbowMum
18-05-2011, 10:15 AM
I find if I'm not drinking enough then I get pain when I wee - does she drink plenty?

If she'll drink it I'd get her to have some cranberry juice or lemon barley water as they are helpful to the bladder.

The other thing could be her skin is sore - my DD would get sore because of not drying properly and also she'd wet her knickers a bit which didn't help - a bit of sudocrem at bedtime helps - she still has it now sometimes and she's 6!

BuggsieMoo
18-05-2011, 10:32 AM
I find if I'm not drinking enough then I get pain when I wee - does she drink plenty?

If she'll drink it I'd get her to have some cranberry juice or lemon barley water as they are helpful to the bladder.

The other thing could be her skin is sore - my DD would get sore because of not drying properly and also she'd wet her knickers a bit which didn't help - a bit of sudocrem at bedtime helps - she still has it now sometimes and she's 6!

Thanks - she does drink loads but I will get some of the juices you have said and get her to drink them.
I have been putting sudocream on when she has complained but I think ill do it every night and eveyr morning (she is at nursery during the day and they wont do it as she is no longer in nappies) and see how she goes. Think ill have to take her to doctors next week if she is still complaining.

Daddy is home Thursday night so it will be interesting to see if this mystery illness goes then........

Louise317
18-05-2011, 10:37 AM

My DS nearly 5 also gets sore when he doesn't dry properly meaning wet pants so we do sudocrem at bedtime to.

Or if not drinking enough or to strong a juice...

Hope she feels better soon x

loocyloo
18-05-2011, 12:03 PM

and my 6yr old DD !:rolleyes:

The Juggler
18-05-2011, 01:06 PM
do you think the infection could be somewhere else in her genital area or even inside. she might have an infected scratch or something and it stings when she wees.

Could ask doc what they think or apply a bit of sudocrem?

BuggsieMoo
18-05-2011, 05:22 PM
do you think the infection could be somewhere else in her genital area or even inside. she might have an infected scratch or something and it stings when she wees.

Could ask doc what they think or apply a bit of sudocrem?

Im so confused with her cos she as wet herself again today and is again saying it hurts yet told nursery it didnt hurt anymore and seemed fine on collection. Going to ring the doctors again in the morning and demand they see her as she is home all day so I can do any time and work is semi flexible - my own child must come first though.

Thanks for all the replies. x

Alibali
18-05-2011, 05:31 PM
It might be a bit of thrush, that would sting when she goes, a bit of canasten should clear it up x

BuggsieMoo
18-05-2011, 06:31 PM
It might be a bit of thrush, that would sting when she goes, a bit of canasten should clear it up x

Can I use that on a 4 year old (only just 4 as well)? Thanks x

alwaysright
18-05-2011, 08:06 PM
maybe she has cystistis, or maybe her wee needs checking again if its been going on for more than a couple of days, do you have a nhs walkin centre?? my daughter was born with reflux on her kidneys so had many many infections until she had corrective surgery but now has kidney scarring, she gets something called vulvo vaginitis which makes the bits very red and sore but there are a few things you can do to help which sounds like you are already doing, cotton knickers, no knickers on at night, no bubble bath or soap etc in the bath just water, lots of water, and if it hurts when she wees try to get her to wee in the bath, obviously while theres water in there :laughing: hope she feels better soon as it can be so painful

mushpea
18-05-2011, 08:28 PM
could she have hurt herself? when I was younger i fell off my bike and kind of straddled it and bruised my 'bits' and it really hurt when I wee'd, maybe she has hurt herself somehow or maybbe it is a sympathy/attention thing

BuggsieMoo
19-05-2011, 06:42 AM
could she have hurt herself? when I was younger i fell off my bike and kind of straddled it and bruised my 'bits' and it really hurt when I wee'd, maybe she has hurt herself somehow or maybbe it is a sympathy/attention thing

I'm thinking it maybe attention cos it has only started since Daddy went away. I'll get her checked again though just incase. x