PDA

View Full Version : Spooky

jelly15
18-05-2011, 09:42 AM
Just been reading with mindee aged 3. The book was a nursery rhyme book with pictures of people and animals dresses in victoria style clothes. Mindee said, "Look Jelly I had a dress like that when I was a little girl before." I asked her what she meant and she said, "You know when I had my other mummy and daddy and we lived in a dirty house a long way away". :eek:

Mouse
18-05-2011, 09:45 AM
Just been reading with mindee aged 3. The book was a nursery rhyme book with pictures of people and animals dresses in victoria style clothes. Mindee said, "Look Jelly I had a dress like that when I was a little girl before." I asked her what she meant and she said, "You know when I had my other mummy and daddy and we lived in a dirty house a long way away". :eek:

Very spooky, but fascinating!

I wouldn't prompt her, but would perhaps find some more victorian pictures & see if she says anything else.

suez
18-05-2011, 10:55 AM
my own son said something like that to me too , he was around 2.5 - 3 yrs old then.

spooked me out. he told me his other daddy got curly hair and a moustache,
and his other mommy has got a big belly , he said the same ' remember when i had the other mommy and daddy' .

cant remember wat else he said at the time but it really makes you think!

loocyloo
18-05-2011, 12:01 PM
oooooo, i'd be looking out some other pictures of victorian things too. let us know!

when my DS was 2/3, he mentioned 'the nice old man who watches me at night' once or twice :eek: and he wasn't bothered, it was as if it was just the same as DH or me being there :eek:

we lived in a new(ish) house and no one could see into DS room at all!

JulieA
18-05-2011, 03:11 PM
.... and my 4 year old son has been saying for a couple of years that his old family used to visit a horse sanctuary near by where we live. He had a different name then, and used to help out cleaning the stables, but it didn't look like it does now, and it had a different name too. This sanctuary changed it's name, and layout over 10 years ago.

My husband thinks I'm reading too much into it, but he is very consistent.

Ripeberry
18-05-2011, 03:17 PM
I'm always fascinated by this kind of stuff. There were 'mediums' in our familly years ago, but the last two generations don't seem to have any :(
My own kids have never said anything interesting about the past.
But if I had time I would like to 'train' myself, but my head is too full of EYFS, it would scare the spirits away :laughing:

snufflepuff
18-05-2011, 05:02 PM
Wow! My little brother used to say things like that too. And OH sister is really freaky like that too, even now shes an adult.
DS points to and talks about a man at the top of his bed!

tulip0803
18-05-2011, 05:11 PM
My son at about the same age met my Nan's friend Joyce for the first time he looked her straight in the eye and said "I knew you in London during the war!". SHe had been in London in the war. For years he used to insist that people went to London to die, even the dog went to London! He is now at uni in London and I am keeping everything crossed!!!!