PDA

View Full Version : Free Websites

missnaughty
18-05-2011, 07:12 AM
Hi All

I was wondering if someone can help, I was looking at a free website and started to make a site up with a free site company. However I know they have banners on the top from other ppls business who pay however it was off near enough naked women on it.:eek:

I really dont want a childminding website with banners like that on it. So I think I will have to pay for a website can anyone recommend any.

dusky777
18-05-2011, 07:16 AM
i would like to know to....i have been on a few lately with "naked" women on them, its a little off putting while looking for child care!

missnaughty
18-05-2011, 07:36 AM
i would like to know to....i have been on a few lately with "naked" women on them, its a little off putting while looking for child care!

I totall agree I really atrted building my site up, I then had a look at it from a potential parent. What greeted me was a childcare website with women half naked wanting to me up with people :eek:

My eyes nearly popped out my head, So glad hubby was not looking I would of had to poke his eyes out :laughing: :laughing:

But on a serious note I cant have a website that is also promoting that!x

flowerpots
18-05-2011, 07:49 AM
Hi ladies,

Pauline (the forum boss) makes websites, i havent got round to having one yet but i know they come highly recommended from other forum members who have had them. :thumbsup:

xxxxx

Roseolivia
18-05-2011, 08:31 AM
Hi i have a free website and a few people on this site have been looking at it and have seen these 'rude' ads. I keep looking at it so i can then contact the web host to see what can be done but as yet haven't seen anything.
I agree it's the last thing you want.

Pauline
18-05-2011, 10:07 AM
Hi ladies,

Pauline (the forum boss) makes websites, i havent got round to having one yet but i know they come highly recommended from other forum members who have had them. :thumbsup:

xxxxx

Thank you, yes I do :)

You can find out more here: www.childminderswebsites.co.uk

I do totally advert free sites if you want.

However, I can assure you that if you should choose the cheaper, advert option, there will be no naked ladies! :eek: All adverts are family friendly! :thumbsup:

Pixie dust
18-05-2011, 10:53 AM
Hi i have a free website and a few people on this site have been looking at it and have seen these 'rude' ads. I keep looking at it so i can then contact the web host to see what can be done but as yet haven't seen anything.
I agree it's the last thing you want.

I have just looked at my own website as was worried after reading this as hadn't seen said adverts. There they were semi naked women across the top of the screen not good for a childminder at all. There were 2 different adverts of the same nature.

I was so horrified by the sexual nature I have taken the website down and complained.

Jiorjiina
18-05-2011, 02:27 PM
If you use a free website builder, they virtually all have adverts on them, as that is how the company can afford to make them free. (I don't know every sitebuilder, so I can only say virtually, but it's every single one I looked at!)

Hosting companies can't tailor the adverts to your content, so whoever pays for advertising gets a banner on every free website.

Unless you code the site yourself, or hire someone to do it for you (like Pauline), the only way to get rid of adverts is to pay for hosting, I'm afraid.

missnaughty
18-05-2011, 03:10 PM
Thank you, yes I do :)

You can find out more here: www.childminderswebsites.co.uk

I do totally advert free sites if you want.

However, I can assure you that if you should choose the cheaper, advert option, there will be no naked ladies! :eek: All adverts are family friendly! :thumbsup:

Hi

I will have a look later, Thank you for that. x:D