PDA

View Full Version : ANYTHING RETRO

angeldelight
18-05-2011, 06:32 AM
Do you have anything from the 60s 70s or 80s lying about?

Do you collect anything retro ? Old furniture - old games - old music etc etc ?

Do you have any fashion items that you loved and kept ?

Any old telephones ? These now sell for lots

Did any of you smoke player No6 that seemed to be the most popular cigarettes?

What about cars do you remember what your dad used to drive - or anything retro you have had yourself ?

What about jewellery - every male seemed to have a casio watch that were really cheap ?

Also back then tupperware parties were all the rage - did you ever go to one

What did you love or hate about the good old days ?

Angel xx

Pauline
18-05-2011, 06:35 AM
Did any of you smoke player No6 that seemed to be the most popular cigarettes?

I used to be sent to the shop for 20 No.6 for my Dad, in those days there were no rules about smoking and children buying cigarettes!

PixiePetal
18-05-2011, 06:46 AM
there's a few retro things I like - got some things watching on ebay now :)

just bought red melaware cruet set and have my eye on some Thetford trays - so don't any of you bid them up! :laughing: or have you got one lurking in the house somewhere to sell?!

I bought a green/cream Tala 3 tier cake tin from ebay at great expense :blush: exactly like my mums :) I really NEEDED it!

I bought a Morris Traveller toy car just like the one we had as kids - am going to change the registration plate to the one we had - and it is not for the kids!

Tupperware - got a cupboard full - store all my dry baking stuff in them. :thumbsup:

Do like my mod cons too - just a good mix and quite selective:thumbsup: :D

angeldelight
18-05-2011, 06:49 AM
I used to be sent to the shop for 20 No.6 for my Dad, in those days there were no rules about smoking and children buying cigarettes!

I used to go with my friend to get her dads too - I thought she used to pretend she was older though ?

When did the rules come into place do you know Pauline ?

Angel xx

angeldelight
18-05-2011, 06:50 AM
there's a few retro things I like - got some things watching on ebay now :)

just bought red melaware cruet set and have my eye on some Thetford trays - so don't any of you bid them up! :laughing: or have you got one lurking in the house somewhere to sell?!

I bought a green/cream Tala 3 tier cake tin from ebay at great expense :blush: exactly like my mums :) I really NEEDED it!

I bought a Morris Traveller toy car just like the one we had as kids - am going to change the registration plate to the one we had - and it is not for the kids!

Tupperware - got a cupboard full - store all my dry baking stuff in them. :thumbsup:

Do like my mod cons too - just a good mix and quite selective:thumbsup: :D

Oooooh I have just bid on those trays :laughing:

Angel xx

breezy
18-05-2011, 08:44 AM
only retro thing here is dh :laughing:

angeldelight
18-05-2011, 08:45 AM
only retro thing here is dh :laughing:

Thats a bit mean Breezy ha ha

Mind you I have one of those too ha ha :laughing:

Angel xx

breezy
18-05-2011, 08:46 AM
well he is from the 60's :laughing: :laughing:

nannysue
18-05-2011, 08:52 AM
I am retro !!!:D :thumbsup: i have been around throught the 50s...60s...70s...80s...90s.. and whatever we are in now :laughing:

angeldelight
18-05-2011, 08:52 AM
well he is from the 60's :laughing: :laughing:

Yeah and mine ha ha

:laughing:

Angel xx

Happy Bunny
18-05-2011, 09:21 AM
I am retro !!!:D :thumbsup: i have been around throught the 50s...60s...70s...80s...90s.. and whatever we are in now :laughing:

I think what we are in now is the noughties LOL LOL

Stew....pid
18-05-2011, 09:22 AM
Do you have anything from the 60s 70s or 80s lying about? = only the wife :)

Do you collect anything retro ? Old furniture - old games - old music etc etc ?= bought a few things a couple of years ago like Mr Frosty, its crap but was good when we were kids :)

Do you have any fashion items that you loved and kept ?= hell no im not fashionable :(

Any old telephones ?= These now sell for lots Got a draw full of them :)

Did any of you smoke player No6 that seemed to be the most popular cigarettes?= Embassy No6 then Rothmans and then John Player Special (black)

What about cars do you remember what your dad used to drive - or anything retro you have had yourself ?= Dont know why but i remember all the cars my mum and dad had and i even remember the reg numbers :cool:

What about jewellery - every male seemed to have a casio watch that were really cheap ? = Think i had a casio but not sure :rolleyes:

Also back then tupperware parties were all the rage - did you ever go to one = We were only sayin the other day "what happened to tupperware"

What did you love or hate about the good old days ?= i loved it all and would go back :)

And thats all i gotta say about that :D

Jiorjiina
18-05-2011, 09:45 AM
We also have the G-plan furniture we are 'looking after' for my Grandma. It's still going strong, and it was bought before my mother was born!

Toothfairy
18-05-2011, 10:56 AM
I have my dad's video camera, it's huge, you have to have it up on your shoulder to use it.
I think he bought it in the 80's.

I collect Art Deco myself 20's/30's.
I have a Susie Cooper dinner service, I also collect Carlton Ware, Clarice Cliff, Charlotte Rhead.

Stew....pid
18-05-2011, 10:58 AM
I have my dad's video camera, it's huge, you have to have it up on your shoulder to use it.

I have a Susie Cooper dinner service, I also collect Carlton Ware, Clarice Cliff, Charlotte Rhead.

Blimey with my kids all id collect are the broken bits :(

The Juggler
18-05-2011, 01:09 PM
we have a turntable and all our vinyl! we also have my original games from when I was little - - cluedo, monopoly, donkey and the carrot, cross over the bridge (you should see the clothes they people are wearing).

Also other day my mum found my high school ruler with my name scrached on to it with a compass - that was 1979!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ajs
18-05-2011, 01:19 PM

we have a collection of Shelley trios
though ours are more art nouveau so 1910 -20

We have some leather chairs with tubular steel frame from habitat in the early 80s in the playroom and I have a sofa that my mum bought in the year I was born and it was antique then, we had it reupholstered last year at enormous expense but it's really lovely so can't get rid

PixiePetal
18-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Oooooh I have just bid on those trays :laughing:

Angel xx

don't you dare! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Toothfairy
18-05-2011, 03:13 PM
Blimey with my kids all id collect are the broken bits :(

Sadly, when I started Childminding, most of it got packed away, I just have a few odd pieces out :(