PDA

View Full Version : Newbie plz help!!!

kaz26
16-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Had an enquiry 2day for 1 day a week starting from sep dont mind as it fills the gap i have in my week but wat do i charge a deposit or retainer or nothing as she also want me to have her odd days in the summers hols? plz help this is all to confusing x:panic:

miffy
16-05-2011, 08:28 PM
If you have a space available then you can charge a retainer until the lo starts properly - usual charge is half fees.

If you won't have a space until the lo wants to start then you can charge a deposit.

If it was me I would charge a deposit of one month's fees which would be non-refundable if the place wasn't taken up.

If she wants odd days in the holidays then I would want to know at least 2 weeks in advance and paid for at the time of booking (that way you're less likely to get mucked about and be out of pocket)

Miffy xx

kaz26
16-05-2011, 08:38 PM
Thanks miffy yes the space is avaliable so i charge 1 months fees as deposit? god this is all so confusing! thanku for replying x

missymood
16-05-2011, 08:42 PM
I too charge 1 months deposit up front:thumbsup:

miffy
16-05-2011, 08:46 PM
Thanks miffy yes the space is avaliable so i charge 1 months fees as deposit? god this is all so confusing! thanku for replying x

Kaz, it's your choice, you can either charge a retainer or a deposit. The only thing about retainers is that you shouldn't charge one if you don't have a space available.

Miffy xx