PDA

View Full Version : Help dog shedding hair !

Pixie dust
16-05-2011, 03:44 PM
Our lovely 3 year old Lab is losing her winter coat and the hair is driving me mad :angry: I have a mindee who has now started crawling. Dog is kept in the utility room away from the children during the day but however much we vacum the hair soon returns.
Any tips greatly received.

I have a dyson animal vacum and by the look of the cylinder everyday it's doing its job:)

little miss chatterbox
16-05-2011, 03:56 PM
will be watching with interest!

Tinglesnark
16-05-2011, 04:04 PM
Get yourself a "furminator" Its fab and takes all the loose hair from the undercoat.
Get is on ebay though or else you'll be paying over £20 for it - ebay does it for about a fiver i think :thumbsup:
it really is fab - oh a a drop of olive oil in her dinner might help x

Trouble
16-05-2011, 04:06 PM
mines permanently doing it im so sick of it

i just brush him at least three times a week and hoover twice a day:panic:

PixiePetal
16-05-2011, 04:21 PM
Get yourself a "furminator" Its fab and takes all the loose hair from the undercoat.
Get is on ebay though or else you'll be paying over £20 for it - ebay does it for about a fiver i think :thumbsup:
it really is fab - oh a a drop of olive oil in her dinner might help x

Furminator is fab - there are cheaper versions of them but not all are as good.

Used to drive me nuts when we had 2 black Labs - like tumbleweed blowing across the floor :laughing:

now got 1 small terrier - not so much hair to start with :thumbsup:

littletreasures
16-05-2011, 04:55 PM
Furminator here too for my dogs

Although don't do what my son did last week when he was grooming Bailey. He did it so much on Baileys rump he now has 2 very thin bits which became sore!!

little miss chatterbox
16-05-2011, 05:19 PM
I've not seen those before! will be getting one!

Pixie dust
16-05-2011, 05:34 PM
Thanks guys I will be ordering one tonight:thumbsup:

onceinabluemoon
16-05-2011, 05:37 PM
Think I'll have to look these up too! I have a golden lab who is shedding like mad right now too. I have a Dyson Animal and a iRobot Roomba both of which constantly seem to be in use!

emmadines
16-05-2011, 11:50 PM
I have a black lab and a cream carpet!!!

both ofwhich were here when we moved in (well we had the dog before we moved to the house))

anyway when he is on his molt I get a dog groomer to come give him a good bath and blow dry - it gets the worst out :)

is now off to look on ebay for a firminator!!! xx

miss mopple
17-05-2011, 06:28 AM
Furminators are fab :thumbsup: I have a black dog and light carpet and its not a good combination :eek: I put interocking foam mats down for crawling babies as I am so dog hair conscious.

justdaz
17-05-2011, 06:43 AM
I have a black lab too.:)

I never thought I would have so much hair from a lab!!

I try to brush him each morning before the mindees arrive and yes.....the hoover is always out.

Small price to pay for a wonderful addition to the family.:) :)

AnnieM
19-05-2011, 02:34 PM
The Furminators are generally cheaper on Amazon, plus you can go through the forum link. ;)