PDA

View Full Version : PASSPORTS!!!!!

Mollymop
16-05-2011, 10:40 AM
I am going on holiday in 5 weeks both my kids need their passports renewed so I have asked my childminder friend to countersign them which she did this morning. I am about to post them off and hoping they will be back in 5 weeks time (usually takes 3 weeks)

I have signed passports in the past 2 years as "Ofsted registered childminder" and there hasn't been any issues for me

Has anyone on here countersigned others passports as a childminder and have you had any issues with it?

I am getting worried about it and wondering whether it would be safer if I found someone else to do it but I have no idea who!!!!

caz3007
16-05-2011, 10:47 AM
I asked about this recently as a friend had asked me to sign hers and her children. Some did say they enclosed a copy of their registration, maybe worthwhile as you want them back quickly

Louise0208
16-05-2011, 11:36 AM
i had the exact problem a few months back.......

i phoned the passport office up about it.....aparently the childminder has to hold some sort of tax certificate (pay above a certain amount of tax per year) i cant remember what ther cert was called :blush:

i said to the helpline person that the childminder has signed for before but she said many 'get through' but some dont & it wouldnt be worth the risk.

we had to get the post office manager to countersign ours instead even though i know 4 childminders & 2 of them have minded my children.

Blaze
16-05-2011, 12:10 PM
When I spoke to the Passport office it was a yes as we are OFSTED registered.:)

christine e
16-05-2011, 12:10 PM
Think it is a bit of a risk as you want them back quickly, childminders are not on the list and I think it would be down to the person handling the application and they could reject it. Do you know a police officer, teacher?

Cx

sue m
16-05-2011, 12:19 PM
Maybe Louise could have done it for you x

I am going on holiday in 5 weeks both my kids need their passports renewed so I have asked my childminder friend to countersign them which she did this morning. I am about to post them off and hoping they will be back in 5 weeks time (usually takes 3 weeks)

I have signed passports in the past 2 years as "Ofsted registered childminder" and there hasn't been any issues for me

Has anyone on here countersigned others passports as a childminder and have you had any issues with it?

I am getting worried about it and wondering whether it would be safer if I found someone else to do it but I have no idea who!!!!

karen m
16-05-2011, 12:43 PM
i signed one for somebody last year and never had a problem,again think it is luck of who deals with it at the time

Monkey26
16-05-2011, 12:45 PM
I hold EYPS so i always sign the childminded kiddies with "Early Years Professional, Ofsted Registered Childminder" - we've never had any come back :D xx

Mollymop
16-05-2011, 12:49 PM
Maybe Louise could have done it for you x

Thanks sue, but I wouldn't have liked to ask her because she would have had to have known me for over 2 years and she has never met me yet. :laughing:
I was gonna ask u first be I remember you said u not been abroad and so didn't know if you had a passport yourself hun xx

sue m
16-05-2011, 01:04 PM
I've got a passport hun and one of these days, I might even use it! :laughing: xx

Mollymop
24-05-2011, 06:53 AM
Just an update -

The passports came back fine. I have signed them in the past before, and so have others I have spoken too, so hopefully this means as Blaze says we are fine to countersign other peoples

Sandra x

angeldelight
24-05-2011, 06:56 AM
Just an update -

The passports came back fine. I have signed them in the past before, and so have others I have spoken too, so hopefully this means as Blaze says we are fine to countersign other peoples

Sandra x

Thanks for the update Sandra

Bet you cant wait for your holiday now

Angel xx

LOOPYLISA
24-05-2011, 08:53 AM
Phew glad they are back, our neighbour does ours shes a nurse :thumbsup:

Hope you have a fab time, lots of pics on fb pls x

Chatterbox Childcare
24-05-2011, 09:48 AM
I have witnessed numerous times but it was queried once so i send a copy of my certificate too

charleyfarley
24-05-2011, 11:17 AM
That's great news they came back ok :clapping: :clapping:

Not long now, bet you can't wait now :jump for joy:

We booked ours on Sat for next year and I'm so excited :jump for joy: :jump for joy: Oohh but need to sort out the passports first :D

Carol xx

RachelE
24-05-2011, 11:53 AM
I signed my mindees last year.
I didnt send my cert and it was ok.

I dont 'think' it has to be a professional anymore, I think you just need to be a passport holder and know the person.

Glad you got them back ok.

Rachelx

Gizmo
24-05-2011, 12:40 PM
Have just got my dds passport back and that was a new one still waiting for the renewals that was just over a week x