PDA

View Full Version : Verrucas.....freak me out!

Ripeberry
15-05-2011, 03:34 PM
Yuck, yuckity yuck! My poor DD2 aged 6 has two on her foot. One on the heel and one on the side of her foot.
The one on the heel is getting bigger despite us using Bazuca gel every night and covering them it up with duct tape (only thing that will stay on).

The one by the side of the foot has got a very hard skin on it so after bath I file it down but it is quite painful for poor DD2 :(

Are there any other treatments that I could try or is it now best to go to a chiropodist as she has had them for almost 4 months now.

I had a couple when I was a kid and they used to 'look at me' Just don't like the black dots inside them.....shudder!

lorimac
15-05-2011, 03:51 PM
My son had an enormous one on his heel for 2 years. We tried all the gels and bazooka that varrucca but they didnt work. the one that worked immediately was the new one that freezes it off. was fab, he said it only felt really cold when we put it on and the verucca was gone in around 2 weeks and hasn't come back. I would defo recommend it.

PixiePetal
15-05-2011, 04:10 PM
My DS is 14 now but had them on and off for years - tried bazuca gel for quite a while, did next to nothing and they always came back with more besides :rolleyes:

the freezing stuff does work but it is pretty ruthless doing it! Ds was convinced to have me use it when I said it was either me or a Dr doing it - he chose me!!

DD had a big one done by Dr - there was a morning dedicated to them!! but with having time off to take her for something I can do at home, we got the Wartner freezing stuff for DS.

About a year ago he had a crop on his toes and they are all gone :thumbsup:

Ripeberry
15-05-2011, 04:15 PM
But can the freezing stuff be used on kids under 12yrs old? If it can, I'm getting some tomorrow :)

sarah32
15-05-2011, 04:20 PM
But can the freezing stuff be used on kids under 12yrs old? If it can, I'm getting some tomorrow :)

I used the one application freezing thing on my daughter last year when she was 7 and it slowly grew out and came away, all the stuff is a waste of money

JulieA
15-05-2011, 05:13 PM
My 6 year old DD had two, one on the ball of her foot and the other on her toe. They were quite painful to walk on. I tried the freezing, bazooka etc, but nothing seemed to make any difference. Plus I couldn't deal with the freaking out that came with it - filing, touching, etc. I found some Scholl verruca and corn plasters, which you just stick over the verruca, and they were gone within 3 weeks.

The Juggler
15-05-2011, 08:47 PM
ds had one on hols last year. grew out of nowhere and so big he had to limp (it was on the ball of his foot). went to docs and got verrugon which was brilliant but it disappeared in a week so think it was on it's way out anyway.

we also used this with dd who had one on her heel - took 2 months to get rid, had to file it and use this every night. It was on prescription though. we were advised against the freezing process at docs. we used the over the counter freeze stuff and it got rid but it grew again straight away.

Milli147
16-05-2011, 06:34 AM
My 6 year old DD had two, one on the ball of her foot and the other on her toe. They were quite painful to walk on. I tried the freezing, bazooka etc, but nothing seemed to make any difference. Plus I couldn't deal with the freaking out that came with it - filing, touching, etc. I found some Scholl verruca and corn plasters, which you just stick over the verruca, and they were gone within 3 weeks.

Yep, I'm with you - the wartner freezing stuff is good, but it does hurt. I wouldn't want to do that on my childs foot :panic:
When my dd has had them (3x) I used the scholl plasters and they were gone so quickly! I think as their skin is so soft they come away very easily:)

miss mopple
16-05-2011, 07:26 AM
The only thing that worked for my daughters was duct tape. Keep it covered with it permanently (change daily) and after a few weeks hers healed right up :thumbsup:

missymood
17-05-2011, 01:43 PM
Both my DD had them and also my DD age 5 had 15 Warts on her hands.

Tried everything on them but nothng really worked. Couldn't treat the Warts was told she was too young for the freezing stuff.

Then finally a good friend recommened a " silver nitrite pen" which you can on prescription and it did the trick. They both have lovely hands and feet

You have to be careful as the pen is very fragile so it can snap easily. but they are free:thumbsup:

Donkey
17-05-2011, 05:37 PM
I used wartner on the one I used to have on my heal and it didnt work :(

the applicator was not big enough :(

the doctor froze the wart that was growing under my thumb nail, its the most pain I have ever had, ever...

GP's can prescribe stuff which works, would reccommend seeing a gp. out gp refuses to freeze verucas as they say it doesnt work as well

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
17-05-2011, 08:26 PM
when i was a teenager i had a huge one on my toe for 3 YEARS! it was awful I was then told to rub the inside of a banana skin on it, I dont know if it was dying because it was so old or if it did work but 2 weeks later it was gone

armadillo
17-05-2011, 08:37 PM
The freezing stuff is great! I have used the Scholl one on my 6 year old and 5 year old after Bazuka failed to work. You may need to freeze a couple of times but be persistant & it will pay off. They are very pleased to be rid of them before swimming lessons start at school this term!:)

Demonjill
17-05-2011, 09:02 PM
I used lots of treatments bought from shops for ds huge verruca none worked.

all the peel off things did was peel off ds new skin which was very painful and lots of blood so

Went to doc and he froze it off - 30 secs of sore pain ds screamed while cuddled into me for all 30 secs - then it was fine, disappeared in 4 days after and no probs since.

Yes it was very sore but even ds says not as bad as other things we tried and even he was getting fed up of trying stuff.:rolleyes: ds is 7

Demonjill
17-05-2011, 09:05 PM
What is strange is ds goes swimming 1 pool 1 half hour a week for his lesson - big verucca

dd swims competitively is in several different pools every week training 12 hours a week and NEVER had one!! lol:laughing:

OOh just thought - hope she doesnt get one now ive popped this up :panic: