PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork in First aid box

cupcake22
14-05-2011, 01:01 PM
I know that i should have details of minded children in my first aid box which i do but i am not sure if i have enough details. I have childrens name, date of birth & parents contact details. Is this all i need or am i just trying to make more work for myself.

Thanks
Cupcake 22

karensmart4
14-05-2011, 01:04 PM
Any allergies...Dr name, number

Karen

boxtree7
14-05-2011, 01:42 PM
I didn't now you needed that your 1st aid box - is it a must or something you choose to do.

karensmart4
14-05-2011, 01:45 PM
I don't think it's a must as long as you can get the childs details quickly and easily in an emergency.....

Karen

Zoomie
14-05-2011, 01:57 PM
I keep emergency treatment permission forms in mine plus emergency contact info for each child in mine. It is an exact copy of what I carry in my bag

rickysmiths
14-05-2011, 07:50 PM
Oh my goodness! I would need 4 extra signed copies if I did that. :panic:

Never ever heard of this and don't know anyone who does it.

When I am out I carry my contact book and when I am in the details are in my register, accient/incident book and in their folders. I think that is more than enough. :thumbsup:

Rubybubbles
14-05-2011, 07:51 PM
I keep emergency treatment permission forms in mine plus emergency contact info for each child in mine. It is an exact copy of what I carry in my bag

I do the same, always have! have the same in my first aid kit that gos into the car

jayjay1963
15-05-2011, 06:12 AM

That's an excellent idea Zoomie, will go and add the info now thanks

Jacqui

miffy
15-05-2011, 07:36 AM
I know that i should have details of minded children in my first aid box

Cupcake 22

Where did this come from Cupcake?

I have never heard of it before.

Miffy xx

karensmart4
15-05-2011, 11:06 AM
It was brought up on my first aid course...

but as long as info is easily accessable it's not a must do as far as I know,

but i guess it's good practise.

Karen :D

boxtree7
15-05-2011, 11:40 AM
Do you still details of contents in your 1st aid box

singingcactus
15-05-2011, 01:47 PM
lol - my first aid box is in an accessible place, as in accessible even to random visitors. I think storing all the children health and contact details in it would class as a potential breach of confidentiality. I have no intention of locking away my first aid kit so will not be storing that kind of info within it.
I have the kids details in their contact file, and if we go out I keep their contact details on my person. Contact details are parents phone numbers, doc's phone number, emergency contact number and any pertinent info for ind kids.

Ripeberry
15-05-2011, 02:38 PM
Another good list to have near your first aid box or even under the sink with all the chemicals is a list of what to do if something is ingested or gets in the eyes ect..

Its called Control of substances hazardous to health or COSHH.
It can be found via Google, just type in COSHH data sheet.

I printed them off and laminated them. :thumbsup:

miffy
15-05-2011, 04:33 PM
It was brought up on my first aid course...

but as long as info is easily accessable it's not a must do as far as I know,

but i guess it's good practise.

Karen :D

I'm not sure it is good practice - there is the confidentiality issue to consider if you have personal information about the children in several first aid boxes (assuming one in the house, one in the car, one underneath the buggy).

When I'm home the children's records are close by and when I'm out I carry all the necessary details on my person - I really can't see that I would need to keep them in the first aid box too.

Miffy xx