PDA

View Full Version : Lunch menu

swindonminder
13-05-2011, 09:35 PM
Hi there,

I am providing lunch for one of my mindees, I've decided to provide cold food such as wraps, pittas, sandwiches etc.

What other items could I add to the lunch?

I was thinking cucumber sticks, carrot sticks etc with fromage frais, rice pudding etc.

Any ideas would be great

Thanks

mummyof3
13-05-2011, 10:15 PM
My little ones love picnic lunches. We have mini sausages, mini sausage rolls, salad, pitta bread or sandwiches cut into shapes.

You could also do potato salad or pasta salad.

Hope that helps :D

Chell
14-05-2011, 03:19 PM
I've been meaning to post the same thing as I feel we are in a rut at lunch time and having the same thing.

Crackers with cheese, Dairylea or Philidelphia
Jacket spuds with cheese or beans
Beans on toast
Cheese on toast/paninis/crumpets/muffins
Pizza made using an English muffin for the base
Poached egg on toast
Tomato pasta (batch cook the sauce in the slow cooker and freeze it)

They tend to have fruit, fromage frais, carrots sticks, raisins, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, couple of crisps (few children sharing one pack) with their lunch.

I'm finding that between snack time and lunch they seem to be repeating the same foods a lot. The food I provide is all vegetarian.

miffy
15-05-2011, 07:51 AM
This website has some good ideas

http://www.school-lunch-ideas.com/

Miffy xx

theonebeachbum
15-05-2011, 08:53 AM
My little boy loves quesadillas - V lightly grease a frying pan and lay a wrap in it, put cheese/ham/chicken/onion/tomato (whatever you have lurking in the fridge really!) on top and then put another wrap on top of that, fry for a couple of minutes on either side until lightly browned and crisp and the cheese has melted (this is a vital ingredient as holds all together). Cut into triangle wedges and serve.

They're really tasty!

green puppy
15-05-2011, 01:03 PM
My little boy loves quesadillas - V lightly grease a frying pan and lay a wrap in it, put cheese/ham/chicken/onion/tomato (whatever you have lurking in the fridge really!) on top and then put another wrap on top of that, fry for a couple of minutes on either side until lightly browned and crisp and the cheese has melted (this is a vital ingredient as holds all together). Cut into triangle wedges and serve.

They're really tasty!

My lo's like these too, I usually fill one half of a wrap, fold it over and grill it for a couple of minutes on each side.

Maza
15-05-2011, 08:53 PM
Mine love cottage cheese wraps at the moment - v quick and easy!

Also, couscous and noodles are very quick and I serve them with pre-cooked chicken and frozen peas/sweetcorn.

Gnocchi takes minutes and I serve it with tomato sauce from the freezer, frozen peas and chopped ham (chopped steamed courgettes too if I'm organised).