PDA

View Full Version : eyfs obs and planning

Kasha1
13-05-2011, 08:18 PM
Hiya just a quick question can any one tell me how many planned activities i need to have each month? and is it ok just to do written obs in general linked with the 6 areas, as i want to do mainly spontanious play. Im still unsure about this eyfs stuff only newly registered. Hope someone can help make things alittle clearer.

Kes
14-05-2011, 06:42 AM
Its really up to you on how you do it. I try and do atleast 1 set activity a week but if the children are happy doing their own thing then I may not do it.
As long as you find that your covering all 6 areas of learning with the observations that your making then your fine. If you link your observations and find that your not covering an area then you can do a planned activity to try and cover it.
I hope that makes sense.

sarah707
14-05-2011, 07:10 AM
I am sorry but nobody can answer your question! You must do what is right for you and the children you work with.

I have a plan through the week that I write at the weekend... but it is very flexible and I don't mind in the slightest if it changes or the children aren't interested and I follow them instead.

Your individual planning is key to the children's learning and development... watch, listen and plan to their interests, likes and dislikes, current obsessions etc.

Hth :D

Kasha1
14-05-2011, 07:16 AM
thank you :)