PDA

View Full Version : Recording everyday activities

Bexboo1
13-05-2011, 12:45 PM
I am getting myself in such a tiz with all this I am beginning to lose the plot!!

I am planning topics/activities for the next few weeks, but am now stuck on how to implement it and then record it so that Ofsted know I'm doing it. Eg one of my topics is going to be 'People that Help us' so I will take children to library and look for books on police, nurses, doctors, fire service etc. Obviously we will come home and read the books and have a discussion on them. But what else can I do? How do I let Ofsted know? Do I just write up an observation and file it in Learning Journal.

Also everyday play activities also link into the 6 development areas, but I don't want to be writing obs every single day. Is it ok to just write it in the child's daily diary and put what it links into?

Please advise, I feel that I've got some good ideas, but not sure what to do with them lol!!!

sarah707
13-05-2011, 01:47 PM
It sounds like you have some good ideas for setting up systems :thumbsup:

The most important thing is that it works for you and doesn't take over your life.

My best tip - don't duplicate anything - write it in one place and move on. :D

miss mopple
13-05-2011, 01:51 PM
I do a weekly sheet that I jot things down as I go along. Some things are planned in advance, others are spontanious. If its very simple, a coloumn for each day of the week, split into am/pm and underneath has a section for me to name children present and the 6 areas of learning to highlight what I've covered.