PDA

View Full Version : more confused now!

braichey
13-05-2011, 10:24 AM
Ive been talking to local cms, asking about what they do and trying to get an idea of average charges, procedures etc. After reading thisv forum for a while now i think they are selling themselves short and am worried i am going to be pushed into doing the same or get no work for being strict or following different rules.
Eg. They dont charge retainers,charging only for what parents use, only charge £3.25p/h, meals included, no extra charges for school pickups or "out of hours" etc
I was all geared up with charges and now im all confused again!

FussyElmo
13-05-2011, 10:40 AM
Just remember just because some members on the forum can charge a certain doesnt mean that everyone does. It does depend on where you live.
London and down south can charge a preminum.

You have to take into account what the going rate is in your area if the average is £3.25 then you are not going to get any business by charging excessively over this.

I personally have never charged a retainer but that has never been an issue I will take a non refundable deposit.

Charging for just what the parent needs not sure what you mean by that - do you mean holidays and sickness.

I dont charge extra for school pick ups and its very rare I work out of hours but I do charge more for this if I do.

braichey
13-05-2011, 11:15 AM
thanks for your reply
I wasnt thinkn of charging any more than the average anyway as i know the fees vary on area.
as for charging 4 what they get, if a child went for 4 days they would only charge for that and not the 5th day to keep place or charge half fees to make it worth while if not doing a whole day or a minimum hrs policy, not charging sickness or hols either, stuff like that really.

FussyElmo
13-05-2011, 11:25 AM
I see I charge for the days used so if they want 4 days they paid for 4 days I dont charge a retainer for the 5th day.

I do have a miniminum hours policy. I charge full fee for their sickness/holidays but none for mine and I dont want to work bh's so dont charge for them.

Have you got a do who could tell you the average price and prehaps more research into other cm's in your area.

I know 2 in my immediate area who dont charge for sickness/holidays etc but I do and most other cm's around me do. If i had listened to one well it wouldnt have been worth working :)