PDA

View Full Version : Anyone doing DHC Unit 2 Home Based?

bakingmama
28-04-2008, 10:38 AM
Hi,

Is there anyone doing the above course unit 2 home based via the national extension college? I am stuck on where to start on the first assignment question: Discuss how to take a holistic approach to children's development while using frameworks. I understand the question but just don't know how to start myself off any ideas gratefully received.

Anne:(

sarah707
28-04-2008, 11:11 AM
All children are different and learn and develop at different rates, so when using any kind of framework (I use the EYFS / Birth to 3 matters etc) it is important that I ...

1. find out as much as possible about the child, from parents, the child and other settings;
2. have a thorough understanding of what the framework wants me to observe about the child's learning and development;
3. have a good background knowledge of child development, so I can apply the framework to the child.

Learning and development is not about a child learning one thing at a time. It needs to be applied holistically ie. by including all the areas of learning and development as I play with the child.

Then go on to talk about the areas of learning and development and how they all link together ... :D

bakingmama
28-04-2008, 11:31 AM
Thanks Sarah xxxx:)

jaja
28-04-2008, 04:22 PM
I stuggled with starting that question and i apparently confused my tutor by what i had written!!!!!! as long as you can make you tutor understand that you know how to take the holistic approach then you have cracked it, i am struggling to get motivated to do the next assignment, only got til feb 09 to finish it all so need to get a move on!! good luck xx

bakingmama
28-04-2008, 06:55 PM
I stuggled with starting that question and i apparently confused my tutor by what i had written!!!!!! as long as you can make you tutor understand that you know how to take the holistic approach then you have cracked it, i am struggling to get motivated to do the next assignment, only got til feb 09 to finish it all so need to get a move on!! good luck xx

Thanks Jen,

I started this course with great enthusiasm, my son has just been diagnosed dyslexic and I am trying to help him as best I can and read up on dyslexia. Where do we fit it all in?Good luck with yours! xx:panic:

danast
11-10-2008, 04:14 PM
I am doing dhc as well and just about to write assignment in unit 2. I am doing it through college and have this unit to go and the next one and will finish in feb 09.
the problem i have that I do not know what to do first.
PLanning,obs do not understand and can not find easy way of doing it. especcially planning and then all the paperwork and assignement.
Is there managable way of doing this??
Feel very deflated .:(