PDA

View Full Version : Pre-registration booklet

Louise317
10-05-2011, 01:18 PM
Hello guys, on a mission to get this complete now... think i'm over thinking on some questions and writing too much waffle... been typing on PC rather than straight into the booklet just yet!

For Question 1.
What does safeguarding children mean ?
Safeguarding children means to protect children from Abuse & Neglect, preventing harm to their health and development. Allowing them the freedom to develop to their full potential.

Is my answer enough, I keep coming back to thins one and then go blank!!!

hollyberry
10-05-2011, 01:23 PM
I just did mine yesterday - what a lot of writing!

Your answer sounds great to me anyway!! I've not been inspected yet rrrrr!

I think it's also being willing to report suspected abuse as well, not just observing it but not doing anything about it - that's all I can think of to add but others may have more ideas!!!!

I found some of the question so daft like "How will you ensure children are never left alone with adults who have not been cleared/vetted such as visitors to your setting/home"? I put "By never leaving children alone with adults who have not been cleared/vetted such as visitors to my setting/home" - can't think what else they can expect you to put lol!!!

Hope you get it finished - wished I'd done my on-screen then printed it out - doubt she'll be able to read my writing.

Louise317
10-05-2011, 01:32 PM
Thanks Hollyberry :)

I have my visit this Thursday morning and starting to get nervous now :panic:

I know what you mean with the questions, if a question not worded to me in a way I can understand then I tend to read to much into them!

When on my EYFS session last week, that question came up... they said that if it was someone you trusted like your Mum or good friend then you could leave the child for 2 minutes while you have a wee lol I have open plan downstairs so thats ok for 'not leaving alone' so it would be for toilet breaks... no one visits me now really so think kids be safe LOL

hollyberry
10-05-2011, 01:35 PM
Well would LOVE to hear how you get on and what questions she asks - good luck with it!!!

missnaughty
10-05-2011, 02:48 PM
Hello guys, on a mission to get this complete now... think i'm over thinking on some questions and writing too much waffle... been typing on PC rather than straight into the booklet just yet!

For Question 1.
What does safeguarding children mean ?
Safeguarding children means to protect children from Abuse & Neglect, preventing harm to their health and development. Allowing them the freedom to develop to their full potential.

Is my answer enough, I keep coming back to thins one and then go blank!!!

Hiya

I have been filling mine out and like you question number 1, I kept over thinking on that one lol. Im stuck on question 5 :eek:
Hope things go well for you this week. Ofsted called me yesterday to say they recieved my forms and now they are sending out my crb ones so not sure how much longer I have before they come out to me. x

Louise317
10-05-2011, 03:16 PM
for 5 I have...

My complaints policy says if they are not satisfied with any aspect of my service to please bring to my attention and that every effort will be made to resolve the issue. That I will investigate and record the complaint and raise to Ofsted in required. My policy details the process I will take.

If an allegation is made against me, my family or service I would record the conversation in writing and contact Ofsted, CSS, NCMA for advice. I will detail all related incidents and ask for witnesses if possible.

My parent/carer’s will be given a copy of the complaints policy upon signing contracts. But also a copy will be on show at all times.

All other policy/procedures will be given upon contract signing also as well as a note on notice board to say they are available to view at anytime upon request.

HTH

When you get your CRB forms get them filled straight in and sent back the CRB process can take a while (mine is at 3 1/2 weeks and still waiting!) When the inspector called me to book visit she said I had to be visited by them by end of May. So if you get forms in hopefully you can get a visit in June :)

Q23 now baffling me LOL... be glad when complete!!

missnaughty
10-05-2011, 03:36 PM
for 5 I have...

My complaints policy says if they are not satisfied with any aspect of my service to please bring to my attention and that every effort will be made to resolve the issue. That I will investigate and record the complaint and raise to Ofsted in required. My policy details the process I will take.

If an allegation is made against me, my family or service I would record the conversation in writing and contact Ofsted, CSS, NCMA for advice. I will detail all related incidents and ask for witnesses if possible.

My parent/carer’s will be given a copy of the complaints policy upon signing contracts. But also a copy will be on show at all times.

All other policy/procedures will be given upon contract signing also as well as a note on notice board to say they are available to view at anytime upon request.

HTH

When you get your CRB forms get them filled straight in and sent back the CRB process can take a while (mine is at 3 1/2 weeks and still waiting!) When the inspector called me to book visit she said I had to be visited by them by end of May. So if you get forms in hopefully you can get a visit in June :)

Q23 now baffling me LOL... be glad when complete!!

Thanks for the help, Question 23 I have just put unsure :blush: And to ask them.
The policies are getting me down I have actually thought about buying them off ebay as they are only a few quid and come already done not sure if anyone else has done that? As for everything else I think I am about there.x

Louise317
10-05-2011, 03:54 PM
Have you looked at the Bromley council site there is loads on there to give you an idea ? You can adapt to your needs then. I did a lot of online searching to. And then I sent them to the tutor that I had on my childminder:homebased course as not registered yet so no development officer yet.

tash 1
10-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Yes good luck louise for Thursday:) i am tackling my booklet at moment on Q.14what would you regard as significant event about which you need to inform ofsted minds gone blank now!

missnaughty
10-05-2011, 04:14 PM
Have you looked at the Bromley council site there is loads on there to give you an idea ? You can adapt to your needs then. I did a lot of online searching to. And then I sent them to the tutor that I had on my childminder:homebased course as not registered yet so no development officer yet.

There are sooooo many policies it hurts my head :laughing:

I have looked on there, I am not sure which ones I must have as I dont want to download loads but only need a few. I must admit this has been very challanging the paperwork lol.
x