PDA

View Full Version : I'm now flapping!!

Louise317
10-05-2011, 11:08 AM
I have my pre-reg visit on Thursday Morning

I've got loads of policies complete, started a parent welcome pack nearly answered all the questions in the pre-reg booklet...

So during the day this week I am cleaning, and keeping my 2yo happy and then in the evening once kids in bed paperwork...

I still don't feel ready... does everything have to be complete ?

In the phone Mrs O said they would need to inspect the whole house so i've been de-cluttering and spring cleaning everywhere - what are they looking for when looking in rooms you won't be using ? Are they doing to be looking in cupboards ? (or can I hide in there?)

Also my house does need a fresh coat of paint here and there does that matter ?
My hubby started painting stairs/landing the weekend but unable to complete yet (needs too many coats, darn dark paint!!) Was hoping to complete this week but theres a chance he will become redundant next week so having to put more hours in this week (just bad timing)

Will these things matter ?

As you can see panic has set in... i'm scared to let my family down that believe in me that I can do this but not getting everything sorted... :crying:
sorry probably needed that!

TIA xx

suzyjane73
10-05-2011, 11:17 AM
OK deep breaths, calm down!
It's not an inspection just a friendly chat to check the suitability of yourself and your house to do childminding.
I had my pre reg visit a couple of weeks ago and it was all very relaxed. I'd been away for the weekend and only arrived back the evening before. I didn't even have time to hoover the floor. I wizzed round the house and stuffed all the cluttter in a box and hid it in my bedroom. They only look at parts of the house that you want to use for your business. Mrs O had a quick look at the paperwork I had already prepared. But she asked general questions about how I PLANNED to run my setting and what I would do in certain situations.

Good Luck

Let us know how you get on;)

Louise317
10-05-2011, 12:33 PM
Thank you Suzyjane73, I had a cry and a coffee :)

I'm going to concentrate on finishing filling in the booklet. A lot of my policy are complete and the ones that need an update or extra added I'll leave in the back with my notes on so she can see they been worked on.

Think my head just has too much going on in it :blush:

Now to chase my CRB check! 3 1/2 weeks now and at stage 4 so going to see if Police station can help...

Eddisonsmum
10-05-2011, 01:03 PM
Good luck. I have my visit tomorrow. Am just sitting down after spring cleaning the house. Think I'm ready too but starting to get nervous now eek! Sure we will be fine x

miffy
10-05-2011, 01:07 PM
You will be fine - you won't be expected to have everything in place.

If you don't want some of your rooms registering then the inspector will not need to see them.

Good luck

Miffy xx

Louise317
10-05-2011, 01:11 PM
When the inspector called she said she would need to security/safety check all rooms even the ones not to be registered for... so we'll see what actually happens Thursday :)

Least it got hubby to put his clothes away!!!! :laughing:

Thank you x