PDA

View Full Version : ongoing from last thread now mum wants diff hours

littlestar
10-05-2011, 09:44 AM
:panic: so i asked you guys what to charge with mums hours all over place then she coming today to sign contract and said she changed her working hours to 9-3pm which im guessing she will only need me now for 1 hr each day :angry: was hoping her costs would make up for a mindee just about to leave so can anyone help me? there are 3 children 8,10,12 years all siblings what would you do? and i will also have them now hols 8-4pm and payment ideas would be great :)
thanks

snufflepuff
10-05-2011, 09:56 AM
Sorry, I didn't see your other post- Is the one hour a day before school or after school? Or is it 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after? I think i'd charge a higher rate per child, (say £4.50 instead of £3.50) and if it's 30 minutes each side i'd be charging for the full hour morning and full hour again the the afternoon. If it was only one child I wouldn't do it at all but as it's 3 and they don't count in your numbers it's worth it.
Then for the full days in the school hols i'd be happy with my normal rate per child.

littlestar
10-05-2011, 10:03 AM
hi its school pick up then 1 hr after school thanks i need to work out a price as she turning up at 4pm to sign.:panic:

kindredspirits
10-05-2011, 10:26 AM
i'd charge a minimum of 3 hours per child per day required - its not worth your while doing it for any less (infact for after schoolers I charge a min. of £50 per week regardless of hours/days needed.)

littlestar
10-05-2011, 10:39 AM
is that per child? i was thinking £100 a week for all three does that sound reasonable? seems alot for 3 kids 1 hr per day but this is the amount i would like :clapping: lol

mama2three
10-05-2011, 11:36 AM
After school every day? I would tell her my afterschool rate is £10 per child per day - and be prepared to negotiate this down to £20 for all 3 which will give you your £100 per week.

wendywu
10-05-2011, 12:12 PM
I would want £120 for this contract.

Don't sell yourself short :( :mad:

buildingblocks
10-05-2011, 04:05 PM
My normal fee is £3.75 an hour I charge £4 an hour fora minumum of three hours before and after school. If I had an enquiry for just after school they have to pay for the three hours (8-0am and 3-5pm) if they want 3 hours after school but not the one before I do not charge for the extra hour-if that makes sense - but if they had 1 hour before and three after then they would pay £16. If I could let the space for before then they wouldn't be charged for the hour before school hope that makes sense