PDA

View Full Version : How does everyone charge for meals?

hollyberry
10-05-2011, 08:49 AM
Hi there
Just tweaking my Contract and was starting thinking about meals. I don't intend to charge anything for under 5s but I was wondering about having a sliding scale based on age groupings (say 0-5, 6-8, 9-11, over 11) bearing in mind the bigger they get the more they eat???!

Does anyone else do it like this - just seems a bit complicated to be honest but from what I've seen on the forum, the older ones can often pack it away and I want to provide really healthy, good food - but i don't want to be out of pocket.... what do you think?

Dragonfly
10-05-2011, 10:04 AM
I charge £2.00 per meal and hope they bring packed lunches:laughing: sorry not any help.

Happy Bunny
10-05-2011, 10:07 AM
I don't charge for meals/snacks as i charge a slightly higher rate for after school care, so have included meals in the hourly fee

hollyoaksmad
10-05-2011, 11:48 AM
mine are included in price and i charge £4 ph x

aunt sally
10-05-2011, 12:04 PM
I charge £4 per hour after school but also charge £2.50 for evening meal.

hollyberry
10-05-2011, 12:58 PM
I'm in the west midlands in the black country. I keep getting told that £3.50 an hour is the going rate, to include food. I intend to have a starting price of £3.60 but am tempted to charge for food for over 8s who can often pack loads away!

It's a good idea to think of making an after school rate slightly higher to accommodate food costs - I might use that if I get some after schoolies. In my locality there are very few after school clubs attached to their respective schools so maybe there'll be some room for some after schoolies for me - if Prospects EVER assign an inspector to come and do my pre reg that is. Which reminds me, must get on and phone them AGAIN and see how they are getting on!!!!
:)

buildingblocks
11-05-2011, 03:57 PM
I charge £3.50 an hour and that includes snacks and a snack lunch. I charge extra for breakfast or a cooked tea as I really don't want to do them and hope it puts people off lol.