PDA

View Full Version : Reation to MMR

dusky777
10-05-2011, 08:47 AM
Hi mindee has a had a reaction to his MMR and has a rash, bit of a temp but generally well.

I said he was fine to still come today as i looked it up and it all seens fine he isnt contagious

He attends pre school but mum has come this morning and shes not sending him today?! She pays for the full day anyway. I asked why she wasnt sending him and she said she'd rather not today as hes covered in the rash!

Have i got it wrong? Should i not have accepted him?

AliceK
10-05-2011, 08:51 AM
I've just been reading up on this as my DD is going to have hers next week. It's not uncommon to get a measles type rash after approx 6 -10 days and it won't be contagious so if mum is sure that's all it is and he is well enough in himself then there's no reason why he can't attend.

xxxx

buildingblocks
10-05-2011, 03:54 PM
Hi mindee has a had a reaction to his MMR and has a rash, bit of a temp but generally well.

I said he was fine to still come today as i looked it up and it all seens fine he isnt contagious

He attends pre school but mum has come this morning and shes not sending him today?! She pays for the full day anyway. I asked why she wasnt sending him and she said she'd rather not today as hes covered in the rash!

Have i got it wrong? Should i not have accepted him?

no you are fine but I'm guessing mum is just wanting to make sure he is fine and wants to be with him. My little mindee has had his but had no rash but had a bit of a bad day a week later and apparently they can be affected 6 weeks after (i think). make the most of this parent she is not sending a child under the weather these are rare lol

Hebs
10-05-2011, 04:10 PM
my son had a reaction to his MMR and almost 9 years later is still affected :panic:

dusky777
12-05-2011, 07:27 AM
no you are fine but I'm guessing mum is just wanting to make sure he is fine and wants to be with him. My little mindee has had his but had no rash but had a bit of a bad day a week later and apparently they can be affected 6 weeks after (i think). make the most of this parent she is not sending a child under the weather these are rare lol

sorry didnt explain myself properly....she didnt send him to pre school but all day to me instead!
He was fine all day anyway, just started scratching his rash towards the end of the day

buildingblocks
12-05-2011, 09:11 AM
sorry didnt explain myself properly....she didnt send him to pre school but all day to me instead!
He was fine all day anyway, just started scratching his rash towards the end of the day

As you say he was fine. I would be a bit miffed that he wasn't well enough to go to pre-school but was okay to come to me but it could just be that she thought he would be better with you in a quieter environment. I do have in my policies that if they are not well enough to attend pre-school then they cannot be with me but do feel these circumstances are probably different.