PDA

View Full Version : Replacing policies

Gherkin
28-04-2008, 09:46 AM
I am currently doing a full policy review. When I get the parents to sign updated policies (I've updated behaviour, equal opps etc) should I just replace the signed policy in the childs file or should I keep the original and add in the newer version?

Thanks

sarah707
28-04-2008, 10:00 AM
I file a copy of the original as well so I know at a later date how it's changed :D

deeb66
28-04-2008, 10:24 AM
That is what I do too!

Sometimes it makes interesting reading (:rolleyes: ) when you look back at how you did things a little while ago......

Also actually proves that you do actually review and amend them rather than just amending the review date iyswim.

Jinx
28-04-2008, 10:29 AM
How often do you review your policies? I put that mine are to be reviewed after a year. Is this often enough?

Jinx x

deeb66
28-04-2008, 10:35 AM
It really is up to you.

I also put to be reviewed in a year but if something changes in my setting then I update & review as I go along so it works out that some may be reviewed once a year and others may end up having been amended a couple of times.

I think the most important thing about them is not to do them and just leave them sitting there forever and a day without reviewing and making amendments otherwise they are not worth the paper they have be written (or typed:D ) on.

Gherkin
28-04-2008, 12:35 PM
I review every 6 months and as things change throughout the year. I'm hoping that then this it isn't just a huge job once a year but rather a smaller job twice a year.

Twinkles
28-04-2008, 12:38 PM
That is what I do too!

Sometimes it makes interesting reading (:rolleyes: ) when you look back at how you did things a little while ago......

Also actually proves that you do actually review and amend them rather than just amending the review date iyswim.

Good idea - reflective practise and all that :thumbsup:

angeldelight
28-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Yes thanks for that Dee

Angel xx