PDA

View Full Version : Mrs O is on her way!!

catlyn
09-05-2011, 04:44 PM
Just had the call today the my first graded inspection is happening next Monday or Tuesday (please let it be Monday as I only have 2 under 5's that day I have all 3 on tuesdays) I am starting to panic slightly as I spoke to another CM this morning and she said that this particular inspector is very strict...eeekk At her last inspection she gave actions because the CM didnt have see through boxes for the toys or labels on them or towels for each child (I have both) Have spent the last hour adding to my SEF as she asked on the phone if i had one filled in even though its not compulsory.
Is there a list on here anywhere of what policies risk assesments etc need to be in place before she visits or does anyone have any advice or ideas??
Thanks x

sarah707
09-05-2011, 05:11 PM
This is the policies and procedures thread -

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=45805

Risk assessments should cover everything a child does and everywhere a child goes in the house, garden etc.

The best thing to do is keep to your routine with the children and try to keep calm!

You'll be fine :D

miffy
09-05-2011, 05:14 PM
Risk assessments should also cover outings - one for each type of outing and a review for each specific outing.

Good luck

Miffy xx

mrs_scottydog
09-05-2011, 06:08 PM
Good luck for your inspection. Hx

catlyn
09-05-2011, 09:44 PM
Thanks everyone xx

flowerpots
10-05-2011, 05:01 AM
good luck hun. :thumbsup:

catlyn
11-05-2011, 09:32 PM
I got some sad news last night, my mum is very very ill and not expected to last until the weekend, I was going to phone Ofsted today and cancel Monday but at 9am this morning I had a phone call from them asking if they could change my inspection day to tomorrow, of course I said sorry no that wasn't possible under the circumstances, but i was a bit shocked that they would have done this change of day at virtually the last minute...has this happened to anyone else?

miffy
12-05-2011, 06:40 AM
I'm very sorry to hear about your mum, Catlyn.

Ofsted is the last thing you need to be thinking about at this time - I hope the inspector has agreed to delay your inspection given the circumstances. If not I suggest you ring Ofsted and ask them to do so.

Miffy xx