PDA

View Full Version : Help please!!

kaz26
09-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Hi wondering if you can all help me i had a mum come to see me today she wants me to take her 3 yr old to pre-school one day a week but not pick up do i charge for the full day or what does anyone recommend i charge this is my first one and i want to get it right dont want to overcharge but also dont want to undercut myself? :panic: x

Milli147
09-05-2011, 04:19 PM
Hiya,

I have been doing this - but I have the younger sibling all day too, not sure if I would have taken it on on it's own...but anyway, I think that if I am not collecting, and also not 'on call' should the child be ill then I don't charge. You do need to consider whether it is likely to prevent you from using that place for another full time child. This is why a lot of childminders wouldn't want this. My under 5 spaces were full from 9am so it made no difference to me, but do think it through!

kaz26
09-05-2011, 04:26 PM
i am having his younger sibling 3 mornings a week aswell but he is going to use my space up for a full day so didnt know if i should charge until lunch?

jane5
09-05-2011, 06:15 PM
I have a lo 3 mornings a week and 1 of those mornings mum drops her a mine at 7.15am and I drop her at nursery at 7.30am. I am paid for the full morning even though the nursery is open all year not just term time and if she was ill I would not collect her as I do not take sick children, so if too ill for nursery then also to ill for me. Mum expected that she would have to pay so it wasn't an issue.

Milli147
09-05-2011, 07:12 PM
I would say it's up to you! Are you expected to have the child in the holidays?

I could not take any more children from 9am onwards as I am full. It was no problem to have an extra one from 7-8. Because of this I couldn't do holiday cover, or anything else so I did not feel I could charge for time when I couldn't have ever had the child.

Perhaps you could set your fees as a 'morning' and/or 'afternoon' fee, rather than by the hour? Then the charge for the morning would be £x whether they used you for one hour, or four.