PDA

View Full Version : BREACH OF CONTRACT

guest2
09-05-2011, 10:17 AM
Hi All,

I need some help, I need to write a breach of contract letter to send to a parent who has left without giving me notice and owing over £1000 pounds in fees can anyone help!

Does anyone have a template letter they could send me. Really struggling with the wording.

HELLLLPPPP PLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSEEEEEE!!

Mouse
09-05-2011, 10:20 AM
Have you tried contacting your insurance company? They should give you advice on what to write, time limits for payment etc.

Good luck. I hope you get it sorted.

guest2
09-05-2011, 10:54 AM
Hi

Yes I have contacted them and they gave me verbasl advice on timescales etc but everything i'm writing sounds rubbish

handeme
09-05-2011, 06:23 PM
You could do...

RE: Name of child & Date of Birth

I am writing with regards to the above child and your childcare contract dated the x. A copy is enclosed for your reference.

You will note from this contract that you are required to give x weeks notice in order to terminate our agreement. This is something you have failed to do and are therefore in breach of our agreement.

Unless I am in receipt of payment of £xx (the sum owed) within the next 14 days you will leave me with no other alternative than to commence legal proceedings against you for the recovery of the outstanding sum.

I hope the above action is not necessary and we are able to resolve the matter without legal proceedings.

Yours sincerely
xxx

How does that sound?

c x

mrs_scottydog
09-05-2011, 06:28 PM
I hope you get this sorted out. I was in a similar position a couple of months ago when one of my mindees parents split up (mum just up and left). Luckily the dad phoned me and is in the process of paying me what I'm owed. Definitely not a nice position to be in. Hx

Monkey26
09-05-2011, 06:36 PM
Dear...

After receiving your acknowledgment by text message to my informal reminders of your outstanding payments for ...'s childcare, I am now writing, formally, to request the outstanding sum of £...

As per your contract, I require a period of four weeks notice, in writing, to terminate my childcare services. Therefore, as I have not cared for ... since ... 2011, I presume that you no longer require your child's place within at my setting. If this is correct can you, please, put this in writing to me and enclose £... to cover the notice period stated. As you are aware, the other option to this is that, on receipt of your confirmation in writing, ... attends my setting for the next four weeks as per contracted hours equalling the stated notice period.

You should also be aware that, as I have had no formal confirmation of ...'s absences from ... 2011 to ... 2011, you will be charged as an unexplained absence, detailing in your contract as “due to child/parents/guardian illness/occasional days off” and will therefore be charged at full fee; a sum of £...

With all the above information, I can now inform you that your total amount owing is £...

I look forward to receiving your payment by ... 2011. Please do not hesitate to contact me should the need for an agreed payment plan be necessary. If I do not hear back from you by ... 2011, you will leave me with no choice but to commence legal proceeding.

With kind regards,

This is a letter I sent to a parent who owed me over £800, they accepted the letter and replied stating that they would be willing to pay a certain amount per month until the debt was paid off, after two months this stopped so i proceeded with legal representation. Unfortunately i never recieved all my money as they 'disappeared' but i got back over half and chose to put the rest down to experience. I hope it helps xx

The Juggler
09-05-2011, 08:41 PM
keep it basic hon, stick to the facts. as per our contract, 4 weeks notice is due and as such you owe £xxxx. Please find enclosed an invoice for this amount. After taking legal advice, please note that unless this fee is paid in full by xxxxx (I would ask them what the timeframe/wording is for this part) xxxx will happen.

Please pay the money into my bank account direct or post a cheque. If there are any problems with payment, please let me know in writing by e-mail (to xxxxx) or by post.

good luck xx

miffy
09-05-2011, 08:48 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: £1,000! I hope you get it back.

Miffy xx