PDA

View Full Version : start up costs help

nicola1981
08-05-2011, 06:58 PM
im in the process of working out all my start up costs, do i add them all up and just declare that as one expense and keep all the receipts in an envelope marked start up costs? or does it need to be more detailed than this?

Chatterbox Childcare
09-05-2011, 11:28 AM
This is what I would do to. As long as the HMRC can see what you are doing then you will be fine

newbie1512
09-05-2011, 11:32 AM
I've put mine in date order and a couple of numbered reciepts per line (coupled a few together) if you get me. That way I've disclosed everything, all numbered and easy for hmrc to understand

Hth x

tulip0803
09-05-2011, 06:31 PM
im in the process of working out all my start up costs, do i add them all up and just declare that as one expense and keep all the receipts in an envelope marked start up costs? or does it need to be more detailed than this?

This is what I did when I started again and it was what HMRC advised me to do. I did also type a list of everything in date order like Newbie and put that in the envelope too. And a mileage list - I was getting bored waiting to restart! :laughing: :laughing: I think I did more than I needed cos the HMRC man didn't tell me to do it.