PDA

View Full Version : Still Waiting for Inspection

jessie1
27-04-2008, 09:45 PM
Hi

I sent my application form off on 10th April and still havent received a call from Inspector. A few people that are also going through same process and completed ICP with me and sent their forms off 3 days before me had inspection in the week of the 14th. I cant understand why I havent heard anything. I called them just to make sure that they have received everything because I received my Disclosure forms and invoice in the post which I have paid immediately.

They just said it can take 6 weeks for Inspector to call me....
Second thing they mentioned was that because I am South African I need to contact SA and request a Certificate of Good Conduct (Police Clearance). What amazes me the same number that I called on Friday I also contacted at the end of January asking about that and was advised not to worry because when I complete my application form they automatically request that themselves, yet she asked me to contact SA Offices. If you in South Africa it takes +- 6 weeks to receive so it will take ages from here but lucky me I had Police Clearance done before i left country because I wanted to work in a childcare, or even Cruise Ships and I needed that. She did mention that she will make a note on my details to say I have these certificates and I can then just have it ready for when Inspector comes out for him to take.

Firstly I cant believe that they havent told me that when I enquired 4 months back as this could have delayed my registration greatly and they havent even bothered contacting me to tell me. I just seemed to be one of the unlucky ones that keep on being misinformed...

Maybe I am just being hard on myself but OFSTED please get my registration underway.....

Sorry for having a moan but its getting frustrated as I could have sent my docs off back in February instead of waiting to complete First Aid and ICP.

sarah707
27-04-2008, 10:08 PM
It's really tough when it takes ages... you just have to be patient I'm afraid and keep pushing them to get things done...

I hope it speeds up for you soon! :D

angeldelight
28-04-2008, 07:34 AM
Hope things start moving for you soon

Good luck

Angel xx

smithya85
28-04-2008, 06:15 PM
Hi there,

I live in Scotland and its the care commission that register us here and they are just as bad at giving conflicting information!! I wont get my own cco (care commsion officer) until ive sent off my application so if I have any question just now while im completing my application and policies and procedures I just have to speak to a duty cco but every time I phone they tell me different info!! Its so infuriating!! It feels like I'll never be registered!!

Amy