PDA

View Full Version : Pre-reg visit

Dawnbhh1982
07-05-2011, 05:49 PM
Ladies (& gents!)

I have my visit on Friday 13th so am already worrying! Plus I had a choice of 2 days and picked that! :blush:

How much EYFS stuff do they look at? I have sort of set up some planning ideas to show and have prep'd some folders to show that each child will have their own and will be printing some Early Years passports and obs sheets this week. Not sure what else to do though?

Experiences? I'm in the Bromley Borough if that makes a difference.

Have got safety gates set up and a playpen. Put plug covers in and locks high up on outsides of bedroom doors so the children cannot access them (will she still want to look inside?)
Have got high chair, pushcahir and car seats ready to show her.
Policies and risk assessments will be printed and filed this week.
Preparing for your visit document being filled out now.
Toys cleaned and organised with whats inside boxes labelled (I currently work in the office of a school so have seen this there)
Checked for loose wires and cleared anything I think is dangerous out of sight.
Garden is tidy and rubbish free and I think safe!?
I don't have children so don't have anything set up already for this. I remembered to tell her about my dogs being here.
Am I missing anything - please tell me because I don't feel like I'm done!

:panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

mummyMia
07-05-2011, 07:46 PM
Sounds like you have more than enough:)

I had done some paperwork but my inspector didn't want to look at it at all. She had a brief look at a few policies but didn't want look at anything else. She did go through all the questions in the 'preparing for visit' booklet though.

Lots of luck!

kittyzcool
09-05-2011, 01:01 AM
Sounds like you have done plenty! A lot more than I did and she said I had done a lot.

Penny1959
09-05-2011, 04:22 AM
At Pre reg stage it is not necessary to have everything in place - either equipment or paperwork. Of course if you do have things in place, it helps the inspector but just being able to talk about your plans, having an understanding of EYFS, being able to respond to all the questions in the pre reg booklet will be enough.

Good Luck

Penny :)