PDA

View Full Version : After school fees help

kittyzcool
06-05-2011, 04:08 PM
I'm a newbie and really could do with some help please.
I've just had my first enquiry for after school pick up and need some help with fees and charges.
They have asked me to pick up their two children aged 8 and 10 from school three afternoons a week from 3.30 till 6.00.
I am planning on charging £15 for each after school session which is in line with others in this area.
My questions really are:
Would you charge a retainer fee of half fees for the holiday time for this age group?
They don't want the places till September so would you charge a retainer fee from now or just a non-refundable deposit if they changed their mind nearer the time?
How much would you charge as a deposit if this is the way to go?
The school in question is on the opposite side of town to me and will be a 10 mile round trip would you charge any extra for this if so how much? (the other school for this age group is at the end of my road!!!)

Sorry for so many questions but still trying to get my head around all of this thanks:)

Andrea08
06-05-2011, 04:42 PM
hi, i dont charge if only contracted for term time only..but charge a small retainer eg one weeks fees for the 6wk holidays incase they change their minds and dont use me in the september.

as for the travel its up to you if you want to pick up from that school therefore you cant realy charge extra just stick to local schools!

i charge £10 3-6pm including snack

hope that helps xx

catminder
06-05-2011, 04:48 PM
Do you think most of your work will be based around your local school or the one further away? If it's going to be your local school then would you be able to pick up/drop off at both? If not then you may find it a problem in the future to mind any local school children. good luck

kittyzcool
06-05-2011, 04:50 PM
Yes that helps thanks - also would you offer a sibling discount if they are only having after school pick up?

Andrea08
06-05-2011, 04:52 PM
yes hun i offer discounts, depends if you are providing evening meal etc

kittyzcool
06-05-2011, 05:00 PM
Do you think most of your work will be based around your local school or the one further away? If it's going to be your local school then would you be able to pick up/drop off at both? If not then you may find it a problem in the future to mind any local school children. good luck

I wasn't really looking to take on a large amount of after school children only a couple or so anyway, I suppose I was just wondering whether it might be better for me to wait and see if I get any interest from the local school. They would be able to walk round to mine whilst I was on my way back from picking up from the little school, It would be easier for me - I was just trying to be helpful to this lady to see if I could accommodate her.

kittyzcool
06-05-2011, 05:02 PM
yes hun i offer discounts, depends if you are providing evening meal etc

If i was providing a meal what percentage discount is the norm to offer?

alwaysright
06-05-2011, 10:26 PM
I'm a newbie and really could do with some help please.
I've just had my first enquiry for after school pick up and need some help with fees and charges.
They have asked me to pick up their two children aged 8 and 10 from school three afternoons a week from 3.30 till 6.00.
I am planning on charging £15 for each after school session which is in line with others in this area.
My questions really are:
Would you charge a retainer fee of half fees for the holiday time for this age group?
They don't want the places till September so would you charge a retainer fee from now or just a non-refundable deposit if they changed their mind nearer the time?
How much would you charge as a deposit if this is the way to go?
The school in question is on the opposite side of town to me and will be a 10 mile round trip would you charge any extra for this if so how much? (the other school for this age group is at the end of my road!!!)

Sorry for so many questions but still trying to get my head around all of this thanks:)

i think the fees depend on were you live, but you say they are normal for your area so if thats the case then go for it.
i charge a 50% retainer for term time contracts regardless of their age, as whether they are 1 or 10 they still take a space in my car preventing me from taking another child, i also do not offer any sibling discount for the same reason but i dont provide evening meals, i dont see any need as i finish at 5.30 so plenty of time for the children to eat at home so i just provide a snack.
as for retainer fees until september, i wouldnt charge this, i would just take a non refunable deposit of one months fees to secure and hold the place.

mrs robbie williams
07-05-2011, 07:25 AM
Hi i do after schoolies and charge 3.50 an hour minimum of 2 hours so that takes them up to 5pm, i charge 1.00 for eve meal, i dont offer discounts, but i walk to and from school, if i had to drive i would charge more but my car is expensive on petrol so prob wouldnt be worth me doing it

kittyzcool
09-05-2011, 12:29 AM
Thanks for your help guys