PDA

View Full Version : She has been!

mummyMia
06-05-2011, 12:17 PM
A very lovely inspector has just been for my pre-registration visit and everything went really well :clapping:

She stayed for about an hour and a half. She seamed to be in a little bit of a rush, not sure if she had somewhere to get to or if it was because she knew that I had a nursery run to do.

First she checked my ID and my certifacates for any training, then she asked if I have ever had contact with social services, if I have a criminal record, if I have any mental health or other health issues, if I drink or take drugs.

After that she asked to see my 'preparing for ofsted visit book'. She sat next to me on the couch and glanced through my answers, making a few comments about aspects that she was impressed by. I thought she would ask me the questions directly but she just read my answers and didn't ask me anything. I am quite shy and struggle to say what I want when I am nervous so this suited me really well :)

Then she had a quick look around my house in far less detail than expected. The only things she asked about were fire alarms, bolt on front door, back gate being locked, safety film on glass door, location for fire blanket, safety gates on stairs, where I keep alcohol and knives, lock on WC that opens from outside, restrictors on windows, any drains being covered. She didn't seem to expect any of this to be in place yet although a lot of it was. These were loads of things she didn't seem to even comment on, for example my kitchen bin without a lid (I'm planning on bying a new one) or the lack of any carpeting upstairs (we have just ripped out the old ones and new ones haven't been laid yet).

I had already done some paperwork but she didn't want to look at it. She said that is for the next inspection.

Then she commented on how well behaved my children are and said that she though I would make a very good childminder.

I was expecting a few actions but she didn't give me any and is not going to return to check if I have actually done the things that I said I would.

The hardest question came from my 3 year old ds who said 'mummy, what does good mean?'. I was stumbling over that one for ages :blush:

After she left I realised I had been so nervous that I completely forgot to offer her anything to drink!

Now I just have to wait for the crbs to clear. Oh, and she said I should start advertising straight away.:)

HMT81
06-05-2011, 02:00 PM
Well done :clapping: sounds like it went really well. Yes get advertising straight away. I did, although my QIO told me I couldn't until I got my certificate, but the general advice on here is to do it before. Good luck :)

Demonjill
06-05-2011, 02:34 PM
Well done thats fab news.:thumbsup:

Good luck with the advertising:thumbsup:

tash 1
07-05-2011, 10:46 PM
:) bet u feel a bit better now still pre-reg will send my form off this week hope I have nice mrs o I get horror stories off my mum who has been deputy head teacher for 30 years!!!

kittyzcool
09-05-2011, 12:37 AM
Good news:clapping: :clapping: