PDA

View Full Version : Ever start a job and really wish you hadn't?

Mouse
06-05-2011, 10:32 AM
I decided to completely sort the cupboard under the stairs, so I could fit the new freezer in there.

BIG MISTAKE!!!

It took me an hour to empty it out & now I can't move for junk! I really don't want to have to sort through it all, but I'm going to have to.

I could easily have just shoved it all to one side and ignored it for another 6 years (have found my daughter's 4th birthday cards - she's now 10!), but I thought it would be a good idea to sort it! I've got paperwork in there that's older than Ofsted :laughing: :laughing:

grindal
06-05-2011, 10:43 AM
Wow
Have wanted a bigger freezer for ages - wonder if I could fit one in my cupboard under the stairs?

Know what you mean though - it is only the thought of clearing it out that has stopped us getting ours turned intro a downstairs toilet. Not sure where I would put all the stuff in there at the moment :blush:

sarah707
06-05-2011, 01:09 PM
Sometimes it's good to be ruthless!

I had to clear my loft for a conversion a few years ago and I can honestly say I haven't missed any of the stuff :D

ajs
06-05-2011, 01:32 PM
yes every job i ever start especially the one i started last night cleaning out the craft stuff

Mouse
06-05-2011, 01:36 PM
Well, it's done :jump for joy:

I found all sorts of things I'd 'lost', but now realise I haven't actually missed, so they've gone. I've got bags & bags of things to go the charity shop, so I'll get DH to drop them all off tomorrow morning. I have to say, it was worth doing :laughing:

PixiePetal
06-05-2011, 01:40 PM
Sometimes it's good to be ruthless!

I had to clear my loft for a conversion a few years ago and I can honestly say I haven't missed any of the stuff :D

we did this in 2005 then moved house in 2009! got loads of room now :rolleyes:

our loft has a large hobby room, 2 room size walk in cupboards (if you don't mind the bats!!) and a few smaller ones.