PDA

View Full Version : Just getting a tad confused!!

mrsh
27-04-2008, 08:12 PM
I've started the course but am delaying the ofsted ball rolling until I move (which I was told was fine). Once I do contact ofsted then the pre reg is over and crb checks and stuff done do you start childminding before ofsted come and grade you????!!!!!!???????
It's just I've seen so many times people say after x months I was graded outstanding and I'm just not getting it :blush: lol

sarah707
27-04-2008, 08:15 PM
1. Ofsted come and do a pre-reg inspection;

2. You get registered;

3. About 6 months later, Ofsted come and inspect you... this is when you get graded.

Hope this helps! :D

mrsh
27-04-2008, 08:27 PM
Thanks Sarah. Still don't get why they do it like that though! So at your pre reg you dont need policies and house 100% ready but they then pass you without seeing any of that then 6 months later come round???? :doh:

angeldelight
27-04-2008, 08:29 PM
Sarah has given you the correct information

Some minders do their policys ready for their pre - reg but you do not have to do that just have an understanding of what is expected of you

Your pre - reg is for your benefit so they can help and advise you on what you need but of course it goes in your favour if you alread know most of what is expected of you
It is not just about your paper work its about having other things ready also like gates and safety locks - fire guard - fire alarm etc etc

By the time you have your Ofsted inspection you will be expected to have your policies and everything else in order so yes they will then need to see them

Angel xx

Blaze
27-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Thanks Sarah. Still don't get why they do it like that though! So at your pre reg you dont need policies and house 100% ready but they then pass you without seeing any of that then 6 months later come round???? :doh:

Yep that's right...I didn't have anything ready for the pre-reg...then got inspected 41/2 months after registration...I did work my behind off (still do)! & wish I'd had the forum back then as would have made my life much easier! Don't worry yourself..it all does fall into place & you have the best resource ever in this forum!:clapping:

nannan
27-04-2008, 08:37 PM
as has been said, the first visit is to see that you are a suitable person to look after other peoples children. and to let you know how many children you will be able to have at one time. After you have had you registration certificate for about six months they will come back and see you with the children and you will have your policies, forms and some observations to show them, so they will be able to grade you on what they see you doing and what you have been doing. hope that helps a bit.

mrsh
27-04-2008, 08:51 PM
Thats good to know - thank everyone!
I think I'll get policys ready and stuff as I get really nervous so better to things at hand to throw at them lol :laughing:

Do they ever say no they won't register you????? (god I come up with all sorts when I'm nervous):blush:

And to think I have 5 kids lol

sarah707
27-04-2008, 08:53 PM
Do they ever say no they won't register you?????

I imagine it's happened... but I think with 5 children you'll have a fair idea what to do to keep them safe, healthy and amused! :D

angeldelight
27-04-2008, 09:17 PM
Most of it is good old fashioned common sense

Have a look around the forum you will find loads of information

Angel xx

mrsh
27-04-2008, 09:26 PM
Thanks everyone, don't know how people do it without this site!

I'm not starting the pre reg until Jan+ as I'm moving house so I've got loads of time to get everything in place. :happy banana: