PDA

View Full Version : Extra child

natalie28
05-05-2011, 12:10 PM
Hi

I have a question

Has anyone been in a situation where they have a large house, and have gone to Ofsted re looking after another child. If so was it successful, or was there a criteria that had to met?

Basically I have been advised I can look after 6 incl my 2 young children, but I am looking at moving to a lot larger house and just wondered if anyone has been lucky. My eldest is 3, and is 4 in march. She will be increasing her time at pre school. My youngest is 14 months.

Kind regards Natalie

tulip0803
05-05-2011, 03:09 PM
I would think it very unlikely that you would be able to increase your numbers by 1 just by moving to another house when you already are registered for the maximum 6 including your own children. Your own children count in your numbers whether they are with you or not so increase of hours at pre-school will make no difference.

Some people are able to get a variation on their certificate for continuity of care but more often than not they are not allowed to go over 6 children (including their own) in total.

Also many local councils will not allow you to have more than 6 children of any age without applying for change of use on your premises.

natalie28
05-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Sorry, I think I didn't explain myself properly.

I am allowed 3 under 5 children that includes my 2 young children.

Has anyone been allowed another under 5 child? So that means you would have 4 under 5.

Any advice welcome xxx

julie w
05-05-2011, 03:42 PM
I have just been granted a variation for 4 under 5. I just applied to ofsted and they said yes. good luck.x.

natalie28
05-05-2011, 03:50 PM
Hi Julie

I am curious to know, how did you apply? And was there a criteria you had to meet?

Many thanks