PDA

View Full Version : Some Ideas Needed Please!

Sammie
05-05-2011, 11:06 AM
Hey! im still trying to figure out some sort of meal plan and got abit stuck with what to serve up just woundering if anyone has any meal ideas they wouldnt mind jotting down for me! Would be a massive help! :D

Maza
05-05-2011, 03:52 PM
First you need to decide what meals you will be offering. If you are offering lunch then it needs to be something quick and easy to prepare as you will be minding the children whilst preparing lunch. Sandwiches, wraps, couscous, gnocchi, noodles, jacket potato (done in the microwave) are the ones I tend to do for lunch. Just make sure you include protein and veg/fruit with each meal. If I am organised then I cook a soup at the weekend and freeze it. Or you could get the kids to spread passata on a pitta bread and then add veg toppings and cheese, grill or oven bake it and you have a little pizza.

You can cook the tea whilst they are asleep - lasagne, shepherds pie, roast chicken, mash and veg, macaroni cheese, spag bol, rice dishes, fajitas etc.

Hope that helps. x

Sammie
06-05-2011, 01:15 PM
Thanks alot :D wasnt to sure if i was on the right lines but by the sound of it i am!
Thanks again x

buildingblocks
06-05-2011, 01:22 PM
Hey! im still trying to figure out some sort of meal plan and got abit stuck with what to serve up just woundering if anyone has any meal ideas they wouldnt mind jotting down for me! Would be a massive help! :D

i found looking at Nursery and Childminders websites gave me some good ideas as well