PDA

View Full Version : Help needed please!

HMT81
04-05-2011, 08:01 PM
I phoned Ofsted this morning and they said I will have my certificate at the beginning of next week. I got a phone call from a lady this evening asking if I would be able to look after her child, possibly starting next week or the week after. Is this realistically possible? If so, what do I need to arrange? I know I need to get public liability insurance, but what else do I need to do? She is phoning back tomorrow and I need to have some idea as to whether I say yes or not yet!

missymood
04-05-2011, 08:14 PM
Yes need public liab and Insurance.

Phone Ofsted again and badger them. Tell them that you need the cert by whatever day as you have new starter. I called every day until it came
and it came pretty quick.:thumbsup:
If all else fails you could do it without pay as long as you call Ofsted and let them know.

HMT81
04-05-2011, 08:19 PM
Do I need to register as being self employed before I take on mindee or can I do it after? Looking at the form online it says what date did you start working for yourself? So I'm guessing I do it after? So I need public liability... do I need to change my house insurance? I'm not planning on using my car to begin with as I imagine business use insurance is quite a lot more expensive. Am I right in thinking that?

missymood
04-05-2011, 08:30 PM
Call your house insurance and tell them that you will be childminding and they will tell you if your premiums need to increase or if you have to change house insurance.

You can call the tax man when you start

Good luck:thumbsup:

missymood
04-05-2011, 08:33 PM
Oh also call your car insurance as they might not be able to insure you on business class. Worth a ring round to get a better quote. Use Quidco to get Cashback:thumbsup:

I got rid of my car as I am local to everything so lots of fresh air for me and the kiddies:D