PDA

View Full Version : The Referendum

Pauline
04-05-2011, 06:24 AM
So are you all off to vote tomorrow?

Are you for AV or against?

More info here if you are not sure what it is about: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12892836

:)

kindredspirits
04-05-2011, 06:36 AM
i've already voted -No because I don't like the idea that your 3rd or 4th choice vote could potentially be used. :thumbsup:

FussyElmo
04-05-2011, 07:20 AM
i've already voted -No because I don't like the idea that your 3rd or 4th choice vote could potentially be used. :thumbsup:

Same here :thumbsup:

PixiePetal
04-05-2011, 07:30 AM
not sure what I will do - will look through the leaflet later!

got other things to worry about at the moment :rolleyes:

Mouse
04-05-2011, 08:07 AM
I'll be off to vote and I'll be voting no.

I've read what I can on it, but nothing I've seen has convinced me it would work.

Blaze
04-05-2011, 08:58 AM
I'm voting No for reasons already stated...also I think it would cost a fortune to implement!

Splodge
04-05-2011, 10:31 AM
I have also already voted and voted no, again for all the reasons already stated.

I want my vote to count for the party i want to win. I really can't see how changing things is going to improve the situation, especially as most people don't understand how it works.

Also nobody around here has recieved the leaflet that was supposed to explain everything and are not interested enough to investigate.

christine e
04-05-2011, 10:36 AM
I have already posted my 'NO' vote, see too many of these votes before at groups and things where everyones second choice seems to get voted in!

Cx

caz3007
04-05-2011, 10:41 AM
I am voting No. I cant remember which countries changed their voting system, but did read that most voters wanted it changed back. I want to just vote for one party and its going to cost huge amounts of money to change the system that the country can ill afford at this point

Blaze
04-05-2011, 10:42 AM
I have also already voted and voted no, again for all the reasons already stated.

I want my vote to count for the party i want to win. I really can't see how changing things is going to improve the situation, especially as most people don't understand how it works.

Also nobody around here has recieved the leaflet that was supposed to explain everything and are not interested enough to investigate.

I haven't had my leaflet either!:rolleyes:

alwaysright
04-05-2011, 07:49 PM
mmmm and i wonder why nick clegg is so up for the yes vote!! its the only way him or his party would ever stand a chance as it means whoever comes second or THIRD -as they always do- could actually get into power

Hebs
04-05-2011, 08:14 PM
I haven't had my leaflet either!:rolleyes:

none here either :rolleyes:

mushpea
04-05-2011, 08:22 PM
I dont think i will vote cause i am totaly confused by it all thanks to the OH plus we havent had a leafltet explaining it plus they are all like kids squabling in a playround over who is best and not only that they go on about how important education is then close my sons school to use as a polling station:eek: er hello!

The Juggler
05-05-2011, 10:00 AM
if it were PR, I'd be voting but I'm not sure this AV is any better than what we have now:panic: :panic:

Pauline
05-05-2011, 01:16 PM
if it were PR, I'd be voting but I'm not sure this AV is any better than what we have now:panic: :panic:

I don't understand why they didn't go down the route of PR :huh:

One thing I have against AV is that it seems to me it could discriminate against those who have problems with numbers. If you have to number your top candidates in ascending order, by number, then it might prove difficult for some people and even put them off using their vote. I thought we were supposed to be making things more accessible and inclusive not less.:rolleyes:

Daisy1956
05-05-2011, 08:47 PM
I voted no nothing wrong with the present system so why change it.

rickysmiths
06-05-2011, 08:28 PM
Well the 'no' vote seems to have won.

Pauline
08-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Well the 'no' vote seems to have won.

Both on here and in real life :)