PDA

View Full Version : THE 80:20 RULE

The Juggler
04-05-2011, 06:20 AM
I thought I'd share this. It's one of the FAQ's answered by the guy who wrote teh eating plan I followed. It's what to do when you reach your target.

His advice. Enjoy yourself and your new weight but try to basically follow the principles of the eating plan you used. Have your pizza, wine, chocs etc but 80% of the time stick to the plan.

Keep your weekly weigh in. If you put on more than 3lbs just revert to 100% until you get back to your original target weight then go back to 80:20 again. That way it should never go back on.

:thumbsup:

JulieA
04-05-2011, 06:53 AM
Out of interest Juggler what eating plan was that?

I have been trying to lose baby weight for 15 years (well I have a 6 and 4 year old too, but still not back to the weight I was before I first got pregnant). :laughing:

The Juggler
05-05-2011, 07:06 AM
Out of interest Juggler what eating plan was that?

I have been trying to lose baby weight for 15 years (well I have a 6 and 4 year old too, but still not back to the weight I was before I first got pregnant). :laughing:

it was Gym Junkies hon. I think it's based on the GI diet but is a very sensible eating plan.

It's basically knock out most/all carbs except in small amounts after exercise. Most dairy and eat lots of lean meat, fish, fruit and veg, eggs, etc. No sweets except as treats. But it's a 30 day plan where you do the no carbs as extreme, then go back to 80:20. So I know have carbs for breakfast again, for dinner 2/3 times a week and if I feel like it a sandwich for lunch but not often. Also, if I go out/away for weekend I don't even care what I eat, I have what I want.

Took me 2 months to reach my goal but had lost 10lbs doing lowish carbs myself before the summer. I guess had I started on this would've taken me about 3 months.

Have a google on the web and if it looks good to you then pm me you e-mail and I'll send you the nutrition plan (lots of hidden carbs (low sugar foods, drinks, peas:eek: ! which I loved, lentils) that I didn't know about). :D

angeldelight
05-05-2011, 07:13 AM
I thought I'd share this. It's one of the FAQ's answered by the guy who wrote teh eating plan I followed. It's what to do when you reach your target.

His advice. Enjoy yourself and your new weight but try to basically follow the principles of the eating plan you used. Have your pizza, wine, chocs etc but 80% of the time stick to the plan.

Keep your weekly weigh in. If you put on more than 3lbs just revert to 100% until you get back to your original target weight then go back to 80:20 again. That way it should never go back on.

:thumbsup:

Its a good way of thinking

I will think of this when I get down to my weight - every time I have lost weight I have put it all back on so I think this is a good way of thinking

Thanks

Angel xx