PDA

View Full Version : anyone got a kindle?

Demonjill
03-05-2011, 09:08 PM
Friend i know has one and its fab - so im gonna persuade DH to get me one for my birthday.:thumbsup:

Just wondered ( I know yous are all so so so busy lol) if any of you have one and if so what books are good.

My friend has not paid for a book yet - there are loads free ones and no theyre not all:censored: :laughing:

Hebs
04-05-2011, 05:45 AM
i got my mum one for christmas, and she loves it

i'm thinking of getting my kids one for christmas as they keep asking for one and they both love to read

christine e
04-05-2011, 05:54 AM
Hi

My neice had one for Christmas and thinks it is great and one of the children I mind has an e reader (it is not a kindle but not sure what brand it is), he is a book worm and always has his nose in it!

Cx

mama2three
04-05-2011, 06:09 AM
SIL got one for xmas , and we got fil a slightly cheaper whsmith ereader. They have compared them and she actually prefers the whsmith one - mainly because it has a built in back light whereas her kindle doesnt. We chose that one mainly as all the reviews said how easy it was to use!

charleyfarley
04-05-2011, 06:51 AM
We are getting dd a Kindle for her birthday this year as she is a proper bookworm and know she will love it :clapping:

From what I've heard they are fab :thumbsup:

Carol xx

Pipsqueak
04-05-2011, 06:52 AM
Harry has a kindle we got him for xmas... its a godsend for him as it has text to speech (he is dyslexic) and enables him to read a book .

I have a Binatone - which is fab

I like both -I am using the kindle at the moment as I downloaded a book (Kings Speech and also one about Mrs Simpson and The King) and it was cheapest on Kindle format.

I download lots of freebies too and there are LOADS of classic books

JulieA
04-05-2011, 06:57 AM
We have a kindle. I really like it, although I wasn't sure I would as I love books. Thought it would be a jump too far. I agree with the backlight comment. We bought a cover which has a light built in, and this is so much better to read now.

Tink
04-05-2011, 07:14 AM
My DH has one and he loves it, only downfall with it is it has no light for bedtime reading, he bought one which clips onto the top to allow him to read at night:)

custardcream
04-05-2011, 07:33 AM
I have one and I love it...the bonus for me was I bought the 3g one and when I was in egypt at Easter I was able to talk to my teenagers for free on facebook via the kindle...its excellent.

Mouse
04-05-2011, 08:00 AM
I had one for christmas and we got one for one of our sons as he is a total bookworm. Unfortunatley neither of us could take to it - we both prefer proper books. I'm going to sell mine and DS now shares his with DD, though they still don't use it as much as they could.

I've got a book app for my i-pad, so I can always use that if I want to read on the go!

Alibali
04-05-2011, 12:33 PM
I love mine, and wasn't sure I would as I love books, but I wouldn't go back now, it's fab x

gigglinggoblin
04-05-2011, 12:38 PM
I have a kindle app on my android phone, I dont think I would use a kindle but I love my phone because I always have it with me.

Rubybubbles
04-05-2011, 12:39 PM
ME:clapping: I got it for myself wit my birthday money:laughing:

I love it, haven't paid for a book yet, and forget I am not 'reading' a book, and get completly lost in reading! I got a cheap cover from ebay which keeps it a bit safer, agree about the light, but then I needed one for books! Can read out in the garden without reflection from the sun which has been lovely over the Bank hols!

Demonjill
04-05-2011, 02:50 PM
Fab everyone - I just think i will use it so much.

Will be invaluable at DD swim galas that go on all weekend (if im not timekeeping or coaching lol:blush: )

Now trying to persuade DH to get it RIGHT NOW lol instead of waiting till July when its my birthday :D :laughing:

singingcactus
04-05-2011, 03:12 PM
DH, both my teens and I have a kindle each. My bro has a different ereader. We all love them.
I read the same kinds of books and authors that I read before we got the readers, as do all the others in my family. We have loads of free ones and we have ones we have paid for.
I'm getting my mum one soon cos she's moving into a one bed bungalow and needs to leave her books behind. She will read mostly theology books on hers I guess, which is what she does now. She may get a news subscription to save all the mags and papers lying around her place too.

Gracie's mamma
04-05-2011, 03:15 PM
OK OK . . . . WHAT IS A KINDLE ??

blue bear
04-05-2011, 03:31 PM
I have kindle on my iPod touch, to make the text bigger means you have thousands of pages but it doesnt matter, I like the fact it has a back light and you can make pages black with White writing to stop sun glare

A kindle is an electronic book reader

nannymcflea
04-05-2011, 05:03 PM
I LOVE my Kindle.:D

Get the 3G one, you can download books from bed with no internet on.:clapping:

Hebs
04-05-2011, 06:16 PM
I had one for christmas and we got one for one of our sons as he is a total bookworm. Unfortunatley neither of us could take to it - we both prefer proper books. I'm going to sell mine and DS now shares his with DD, though they still don't use it as much as they could.

I've got a book app for my i-pad, so I can always use that if I want to read on the go!

i'm interested in it if you do decide to sell it x

WibbleWobble
04-05-2011, 06:20 PM
phil bought me a kindle for xmas....and i love it!

only one problem....its so easy to buy books...just press a button and hey presto! i could spend a fortune if i wasnt careful.

i have lots of free stuff on mine jane austin et al.

took me a time to get used to it.

looking forward to taking it on hols....no 100s of books in my bag

mandy xx

LOOPYLISA
04-05-2011, 06:24 PM
Couldnt get on with mine, like a good old book :laughing: :blush:

curlycathy
04-05-2011, 09:32 PM
I was unsure about the kindle until dh got me one for christmas but I love it! The light thing never even occurred to me - I'd have a light on to read a book so theres no difference imo. Only 2 downsides for me:

cant use it in the bath (well I guess you could but I darent! At least a book would dry out..lol!)

and

when I take ds to his pokemon club at the library and I wait for him I just feel too guilty to read my kindle there..:blush: !

Rubybubbles
04-05-2011, 09:32 PM
I LOVE my Kindle.:D

Get the 3G one, you can download books from bed with no internet on.:clapping:

heehee I didn't get the 3G one as my wireless is always on, nothing like finishing a book in the bath then downloading another:laughing:

Note: I am very careful reading it in the bath, it mianly where I read haha

Cammie Doodle
05-05-2011, 06:48 AM
I have a Sony Ereader, love it, hubby chose this as he was told you can only buy Kindle books through Amazon,(not sure if that is true or not) whereas with another type of reader you can get your books anywhere. Looking forward to taking it on the trip to Florida instead of heavy books. Have downloaded lots of free / cheap ones that I would never have bought from shop, so it has broadened my reading experience. Good Luck in whatever you choose and happy reading