PDA

View Full Version : easy format

Debbieanne
02-05-2011, 04:15 PM
Can anyone share with me the easiest format to use for LJ's please, i've tried 3 different ways in the last 2 years. thanks.

Mrs.L.C
02-05-2011, 05:38 PM
I like the ones I have done splitting them in to the 6 areas however I have now ran out of room in a couple of the areas and can not fit anymore obs/photos in so even though it looks good and I can easily see which areas we need to work on I think I need to use a folder rather than a scrap book but im not sure if I will.

I have also done them in date order which is easier to keep on top off and no worries about running out of room in one area but doesnt have the same effect

so I am also still undecided lol

mama2three
03-05-2011, 07:21 AM
Ive changed mine a couple of times too , started off with scrap books but wasnt happy at all and changed to folders in date order which has worked much better for me.
Unfortunately trial and error is the only way to get what youre happy with as the way we all work is different. I like a very loose and flexiblke style and cant cope with preprinted forms / sheets etc - others find them really helpful.
Ive heard great things about sarahs illustrated journals too.

FussyElmo
03-05-2011, 09:45 AM
Now mine are in date order and I like printed sheets - the thought of putting a post it note in my lj's fills me with horror :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

But its hard to say what is the easiest format because my way suits me but wouldnt suit anyone else :thumbsup:

lma
07-05-2011, 07:06 PM
I have a folder for each child containing the large A3 printouts of the developmental tables at the front. The In file in datal order 1 weekly observation, 1 monthly bigger observation focusing on a specific activity or area or development of my choosing and I try to include about 1 picture or photograph a week. I also try to do 1 summative assessment every 3 months to review the childs progress over the past few months.

Then at the end of that month I number the pages continuing on from the previous month and cross reference with the developmental tables at the front highlighting the areas covered. It helps me to see at a glance which areas I think we need to work on in the coming months and the parents really like my easy to understand format.:D

HTH