PDA

View Full Version : National Childminding Week

Tatia
27-04-2008, 04:13 PM
16th-21st of June

To mark the national Year Of Reading, the theme is is reading and all the ways childminders support language and literacy. I'll be highlighting that here at home with mindees but also, at my drop-in roup. I was thinking of doing a storytelling session. I was going to dress up and then involve everyone in the story, with instruments and cuddly toys and stuff. Anyone have any good links to storytelling scripts?

And are you planning to "celebrate" and if so, how?:D

ajs
27-04-2008, 05:11 PM
nottinghamshire childminders association has organised an extraganza in rufford (part of sherwood forest) with a marquee and goody bags for the first 75 (i think ) who register

i know miffy and i are going, not sure who else oh i would think christine e is?

last year i nearly met up with donnagwynne but it was sooooo busy we kept missing each other but i hope this year we'll be more succesful

nothing else planned for the week though

sarah707
27-04-2008, 05:32 PM
I can't think that far ahead! Just finished planning May! :eek:

angeldelight
27-04-2008, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the reminder

Angel xx

Michelle H
27-04-2008, 05:51 PM
Cant think that far ahead! Where is the best place to get info on whats happening in your area?

Tatia
28-04-2008, 06:58 AM
Probably your local CIS or your development worker if you have one.

christine e
29-04-2008, 06:49 AM
nottinghamshire childminders association has organised an extraganza in rufford (part of sherwood forest) with a marquee and goody bags for the first 75 (i think ) who register

i know miffy and i are going, not sure who else oh i would think christine e is?

last year i nearly met up with donnagwynne but it was sooooo busy we kept missing each other but i hope this year we'll be more succesful

nothing else planned for the week though

Hi
Yes Mandy as I'm organising the event I will be there! Very busy at the moment finalising arrangements but it promises to be a great day out. If I don't see you before I will see you then (might see you tomorrow night in Worksop? - will see Marie on 13th at hair care eve)

Christine