PDA

View Full Version : EYFS planning for 6 month olds

tetti
27-04-2011, 07:56 PM
This may sound like a daft question, am not quite sure what kind of planning I could really do in this instance?Previously I have minded children between the ages of 1-3 years of age so planning weekly/montly themes and activities was a very easy thing to do, but now I only have one mindee who is 6 months old,and well,being this young all my mindee does is sleep,eat,fill his nappy,maybe play for 30 mins,then fall asleep again before he wakes up for another feed:D
What would you suggest? I am not sure what the Ofsted lady will be looking for.I would normally have spoken to the early years team in my area but unfortunately they have all (but one) been laid off due to the council making cuts,that poor,overworked lady who managed to keep her job has probably got enough on her plate without me calling her for advice!:)

sarah707
27-04-2011, 08:13 PM
Your planning follows the child's interests and individual needs... exactly as you have listed in your post!

You plan to make sure s/he is comfortable during sleep, stimulated when awake, changed and fed etc.

Hth :D