PDA

View Full Version : SO WILL YOU BE WATCHING THE WEDDING OF THE YEAR?

angeldelight
27-04-2011, 06:44 AM
Who will be watching on Friday?

Do you not care ?

Are you going to be watching just to see the dress ?

Will you watch the whole wedding ?

Will you make sure you avoid the tv that day ?

Will you just watch the highlights ?

Will you be having a street party or anything exciting like that ?

Is it driving you mad already ?

Angel xx

kindredspirits
27-04-2011, 06:53 AM
nope i won't be watching. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: whole thing is a waste of money and time and i resent the constant drip feed of propaganda that we must all be excited and all love the royals. :thumbsup:

onceinabluemoon
27-04-2011, 06:58 AM
I am working on Friday.

So no I wont be watching the royal wedding, I'll be watching my littlies play which will probably be a whole lot more fun, lol ;)

mama2three
27-04-2011, 06:59 AM
We're taking ds to flamingoland instead , hope everyone else is watching the wedding so it wont be too busy!
Dh is very 'anti' royal , so it wouldnt be worth the arguments to watch ! I might get to see the highlights in peace at somepoint when he is out!!

desiderata
27-04-2011, 07:05 AM
I am having to take my ds to the airport on Friday as he is going to Scotland for the weekend to visit friends he made in America last year. Might mean the roads are nice and quietxx

Graham
27-04-2011, 07:19 AM
Is someone getting married? No one told me. :D

We'll do our best to avoid it.

mrs_scottydog
27-04-2011, 07:20 AM
We've nothing planned but I know that we won't be watching the wedding as DH is fed up of hearing about it already. I may or may not catch the highlights at some point. It's going to be on the tv for days. Hx

Cammie Doodle
27-04-2011, 07:48 AM
I will probably dip in and out of it as I'm off work and Hubby on duty until 9. 30 pm :( so may be bored :blush: . I could not sit for hours watching every snippet, but will want to see the dress etc

Pixie dust
27-04-2011, 07:53 AM
I am going to watch it well the main bit, I won't be sitting there infront of the tv all day.

I see on the news people are camping out in London to get a good view.

green puppy
27-04-2011, 08:09 AM
Not me, I'll be on an aeroplane to new york on friday morning for the weekend!:clapping: Dp won the trip in a work competition!:clapping:

angeldelight
27-04-2011, 08:19 AM
Not me, I'll be on an aeroplane to new york on friday morning for the weekend!:clapping: Dp won the trip in a work competition!:clapping:

Thats what I call showing off ha ha ha

Sounds brill and I am not jealous ha

Have a great time

Angel xx

rickysmiths
27-04-2011, 08:47 AM
Yep. I'll be watching the whole thing from beginning to end.

I've got my Union Jack cup cake cases, some smoked salmon and Pimms. I will cook tomorrow so I don't have to on Friday. I was working on the days of the last 2 Royal weddings so I am going to enjoy this one:thumbsup:

We'll be up early, dd is off into London with 2 friends for the day and the first tube goes at 5.15am!

AliceK
27-04-2011, 08:55 AM
I won't be watching it as I'm not really that interested but we are having a street party so I'll be out there helping with the organising and setting up of everything :thumbsup:

xxxxx

breezy
27-04-2011, 09:00 AM
Not watching any of it, I'm with Kindred on this one! Hopefully out for the day as I'm not working and roads should be quiet:D

mufftie
27-04-2011, 09:00 AM

Oh wow that beets a wedding any day !

It's my hubby's 40th that day so were travelling in classic minis to Newquay with 2000 people for an annual **** up at a campsite it's going to be extra special this year as I've bought hubby a classic mini pick up for his birthday which I've hidden for 8 months , I'm giving it him just before we go

So don't think the wedding will be on my mind at all

PixiePetal
27-04-2011, 09:19 AM
I will be watching it, well not every second but we are having a 'do' at frinds house. Any excuse for a knees up!

Not the wedding of the year for me - the second of my nannied children is getting married in August. He is the same age as Wills, well 3 days older (born in same hospital!, security was tight so the mum says :laughing: ) I have a copy of a photo of the two of them playing rugby - a real head to head when they were on opposing school teams. Wills was a bit of a wimp as far as rugby goes, or so I was told by my lad :laughing: they were abut 11.

I am making cakes for our do, so will be busy tomorrow evening baking:)

caz3007
27-04-2011, 10:12 AM
My hubby is working and so am I with one small LO. I agreed to work but did say the wedding will be on the tv in the background and I will be watching what I call the highlight parts, but wont be too interested in all the rest. My son is doing about the wedding at school, so he will probably want to see some of it too

keatingschick
27-04-2011, 11:06 AM
To be perfectly honest, I dont know.

I'm not right bothered, I'm not a royalist and I'm not REALLY interested. Went to a christening the other day and a friend asked what I was doing, said she is having the girls around her house, getting dressed up, fascinators etc like you are going to a wedding :eek: and she is going to serve scones and cream tea and then champers when they are married. THEN she has found out that the local is opening and is doing a buffet and showing the wedding on the big screen, she has suggested they do tea and asked if they'll do scones - as she thinks not everyone will want to drink alcohol at 10a.m when he is planning on opening. But she doesnt know whether to carry on with her own plans.

But now it turns out my hubby is working anyway, so I am using that as my get out clause :laughing:

I don't know whether I SHOULD watch it, I've asked my daughter but she isnt really that fussed, but I dont know if I should then I won't feel I've missed out.

I don't go for all this kind of thing, my mum is DEFINATELY watching it, but its like when Princess Diana died and she watched the funeral etc, and getting all emotional etc....and sometimes I think it goes a little TOO far.

I MIGHT watch it just for the sake of it, but if I have something better to do then I wont.

sue m
27-04-2011, 11:14 AM
I might get a glimpse. I'm going to my mother's in Leeds tomorrow till Sunday and she has a list of jobs for me but I hope to see what dress she's wearing.:D

anneriddington
27-04-2011, 11:28 AM
We're having a party, 30 of us, starting the day off at just before 11 with 'blushing bride' champagne cocktails and then proper old fashioned afternoon tea, cucumber sandwiches, cakes the works. My friend has been round this morning with a box of bunting, balloons, flags, looks like we're really going for it! I know lots of people are getting fed up with it all, but makes a change to watch the news with something happy on it rather thans all the death and fighting we have seen around the world recently. :)

miss mopple
27-04-2011, 11:36 AM
I'm another one hoping for quiet traffic We'll be heading to the New Forest for a days walking with the kids. I'll tape it so they can watch it when we get back though

sfox2003
27-04-2011, 11:37 AM
We are celebrating!!!! Having a family party at my sister in laws house. We have bunting, flags! Cant wait!

We will be celebrating everything British and all the lovely things about our society. xx

Ripeberry
27-04-2011, 12:00 PM
Well, I watched Diana's wedding back in 1981 and had a street party then. Then of course there was her funeral back in 97 :( . So her eldest son getting married is like a 'full circle'.
But does anyone know when the actual ceremony is? Can't be bothered with all the pomp and ceromony and the getting to the church.

green puppy
27-04-2011, 12:05 PM
Well, I watched Diana's wedding back in 1981 and had a street party then. Then of course there was her funeral back in 97 :( . So her eldest son getting married is like a 'full circle'.
But does anyone know when the actual ceremony is? Can't be bothered with all the pomp and ceromony and the getting to the church.

I think I read that it starts at 11am.

Ripeberry
27-04-2011, 12:06 PM
I think I read that it starts at 11am.

grindal
27-04-2011, 12:14 PM
I am not working so was gonna take DS1 and 2 out for the day to the zoo - thinking it would be nice and quiet - but by the looks of this post - most people seem to be off out for the day in the hope it will be nice and quiet - so maybe we will just stay at home instead!

I flicked onto a programme about old royal weddings the other day, and was quite interested remembering what I was doing when they all got married.
In 1981 I was 8 and soooooo excited about the wedding of Charles and Di, but by the time Fergie got married I must have had better things to do. As for Edward - I dont think i even realised he was married.
I do remember Charles wedding number 2 - but was too busy planning my own to have anything to do with it.

I hope my marriage lasts longer than the last generation of royal weddings!

LOOPYLISA
27-04-2011, 12:41 PM
Ummm i don't know tbh, working for 2 hours (not cm) will see :thumbsup:

charleyfarley
27-04-2011, 01:21 PM
I'm not fussed one way or the other tbh.

Might catch a glimpse of the dress at some stage but I shall be to busy getting our case packed ready to go to Manchester on Saturday :clapping: :clapping: Not quite New York (Have a great time Green Puppy :jump for joy: ) but a meet up with friends, shopping, food and drink what more could I ask for :jump for joy:

I know someone who is going down on Thursday to see it and the papers are following them :eek: She's really worried about how bad she will look on Friday morning :panic: :laughing:

Carol xx

Toothfairy
27-04-2011, 03:29 PM
I will be watching from the comfort of my sofa, with a cuppa and a big slice of cake :D

Friends of mine are going up to London to see it and they wanted me to go. I declined as i'm sure it will be heaving, hot and I won't be able to see a thing....I think they are mad going up but hayhoo.

I'm not a great Royal fan, I didn't watch Charles & Camila get married as I can't stand the pair of them but I did like Diana. I think Prince William has alot of Diana's qualities. He will make a great King, much better than his father.

Splodge
27-04-2011, 06:15 PM
I will probably be watching some of it.

Dd 14 is going on a school trip to new york in the early hours of tomorrow morning. (So if you bump into a group of teenagers in blue school hoodies, green puppy, she will be amongst them)

She said she is pleased as she won't see any of the royal wedding, i had to put fox news on, on sky to show that they seem to be going crazy for the royal wedding and that she will not be able to escape it.:laughing:

funemnx
27-04-2011, 06:43 PM
Hubby and I will be off work, but getting ready to fly off to Dublin for a few days away. So the telly will be on..... I'll be cleaning the house from top to bottom (why do I always do that?) and hubby will be doing something 'important' on his laptop to avoid cleaning the house from top to bottom!!!!! :laughing: :laughing:

keeks
27-04-2011, 08:00 PM
I've got a grocery delivery between 11 and 12 so I'll put the telly on while I wait. I like anything that makes people talk and celebrate, so I'll watch just to be able to keep up with everyone. :D

Our Swedish princess was married last summer and I didn't watch that - I'm not too fussed really. I suppose being over here I didn't have any wedding madness to be caught up in - not that it was anywhere near as crazy as it is here. :D

I hope you enjoy the bank holiday everyone, whether you're interested in the wedding or not. :clapping:

xx

jane5
27-04-2011, 08:13 PM

It's my hubby's 40th that day so were travelling in classic minis to Newquay with 2000 people for an annual **** up at a campsite it's going to be extra special this year as I've bought hubby a classic mini pick up for his birthday which I've hidden for 8 months , I'm giving it him just before we go

Oh my gosh :eek: how on earth have you managed to hide a car for 8 months?

I can not keep a secret and would have let it slip :rolleyes: :blush:

Me and dh will have the telly on and have a lemonade or 2 ;)

I am not a big fan of the royals but I do like Will and have watched a couple of programs about him and Kate and I quite like her too.

I want to see the dress ect... and hope all goes well for them but I am already sick of seeing the build up on morning telly :yawning: :yawning: :yawning:

~Chelle~
27-04-2011, 08:37 PM
Nope, not me :D

We are going to Birmingham tomorrow night and then travelling on to the Lake District for the weekend on Friday - hopefully will be a TV free weekend, except the kids have said that they want to watch Dr Who on Saturday :laughing:

The Juggler
27-04-2011, 09:54 PM

now New York is exciting but mufftie this sounds fab. is it a rally or have you invited all 2000 people to the party :laughing: :laughing:

have a fab time. WHERE did you hide the mini???

mayberry
28-04-2011, 04:39 AM
I may or may not catch the highlights at some point to see dress.
Dawn xx

Hebs
28-04-2011, 05:48 AM
nope i won't be watching. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: whole thing is a waste of money and time and i resent the constant drip feed of propaganda that we must all be excited and all love the royals. :thumbsup:

I have friends in America, Egypt, Ukraine, Africa etc and they don't believe that i'm ANTI royal family as they all believe we adore them blah blah blah

have told them alot of us brits dont like the royal family and see them as a waste of tiem and money :thumbsup:

so NO i will not be watching the wedding, I will be out shopping getting what Mark needs for Sea Cadet camp, as he's away for the weekend :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

Tink
28-04-2011, 06:56 AM
It's just annoying now, it's as if no one has ever got married before!
Me and DH are decorating and DD is only 2 and we are not interested in watching it.

Bevbeetle
28-04-2011, 12:46 PM
we having our own wedding today with the mindees so excited i will be glued to the telly tomorrow i am excited i love own royal family sorry but i do belief that we should look after our own stop sending all the billions abroad look after our own

green puppy
28-04-2011, 12:53 PM
Thats what I call showing off ha ha ha

Sounds brill and I am not jealous ha

Have a great time

Angel xx

Sorry didn't mean to show off!:blush: Can't wait though!:)

flora
28-04-2011, 06:00 PM
If I get a minute I will watch.

DH has plans to move pigs, the horses have the dentisit and then my boss is sending pigs out in the morning, so maybe I will have to record it and skim through the best bits ,lunchtime :D

LOOPYLISA
28-04-2011, 06:57 PM
If I get a minute I will watch.

DH has plans to move pigs, the horses have the dentisit and then my boss is sending pigs out in the morning, so maybe I will have to record it and skim through the best bits ,lunchtime :D

The horses have the dentist :laughing: sorry that made me laugh :thumbsup: x

angeldelight
29-04-2011, 07:28 AM
Hope all those that are watching it enjoy

It's my wedding anniversary today so they share our special day

:clapping: :clapping:

Angel xx

caz3007
29-04-2011, 07:36 AM
Hope all those that are watching it enjoy

It's my wedding anniversary today so they share our special day

:clapping: :clapping:

Angel xx

Happy anniversary to Mr & Mrs Angel :laughing:

rickysmiths
29-04-2011, 07:45 AM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!:clapping: :clapping:

Have a great day both of you.

Yes I took dd and 2 of her freinds to the tube station at 5.30am :eek: and they are just next to the entrance of Clarence house. DD has just had her photo taken with Matt Baker!

rickysmiths
29-04-2011, 07:48 AM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!clapping: :clapping:

Have a great day both of you.

I took dd and 2 of her freinds to the tube station at 5.30am :eek: and they are just next to the entrance of Clarence house. DD has just had her photo taken with Matt Baker!

I've got my red whilte and blue glittery cup cakes already on their stand, Coronation chicken and Homemade Quiche and salad for lunch and Pimms on ice. Telly has been on for hours :thumbsup: :blush:

PixiePetal
29-04-2011, 07:56 AM
Happy anniversary Mr and Mrs Angel :clapping:

enjoy YOUR day :thumbsup:

loocyloo
29-04-2011, 08:00 AM
cakes made for party later on, tv on and watching!

not glued to tv, ( DS has swimming & DD dancing ) but will watch, i'd like to see her dress!

have to say, i'm getting bored with this talking to everyone about everything !!!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY ANGEL!