PDA

View Full Version : Whats you claim to fame?

Pipsqueak
26-04-2011, 11:04 AM
As it says on the tin really.

Mine is I have partied with East 17 and sat and chilled with them at a rave. didn't realise it was them at the time though - was never into them

Have danced with Mr Motivator (he is an absolute blast) and chatted to Terry Christian (not as much as a twit as he comes across on tv).

Met several characters from The Bill

Met Peppa Pig (much to my dismay) and the Fat Controller (and his missus)

met Boogie Pete (pretty fit)

Blaze
26-04-2011, 11:15 AM
I have met Peppa Pig & George, The Fat Controller, Mickey & Minnie Mouse, Donald & Daisy Duck, Goofey, Pluto, Chip & Dale, all the Princesses, the lead charachter out of the New Orleans film (can't remember her name at the moment)! Turk, The ant from it's a bugs's life (again who's name I can't remember), Lilo & Stitch, Pocahontas, Thumper, Flower, Lightening Mcqueen, A soldier from Toy Story, Buzz Lightyear, Several Storm Troopers...the list goes on! (Can you tell we went to Disney World / Florida)?!

I used to hang out with Katie Putrik & Banana Rama girls (they went to the same her dresser as my Mum when I was little & we'd all hang out in the staff room)! I met Noel from Oasis in Harley Street in London, I used to go clubbing with the twins from the George Micheal video (they were completely up themselves)!...there's more, but the kid's are pestering for lunch!

But the one I'm proud about is I met Brian May (in the men's toilet) at Brixton Academy (Don't ask - cause I won't tell)!!!

I'm a Guimess World Record Holder (Chatterbox Challenge)...& I have a Blue Peter badge!:D

Louise317
26-04-2011, 11:41 AM
Apart from bob the builder, peppa etc my claim to fame was living down the road from Paul Shane, Ted from Hi de Hi :laughing: :laughing:

desiderata
26-04-2011, 11:42 AM
I have met and chatted to David Essex and his family many times (mad fan) met Derek Hough and had hugs and kisses (before Cheryl) Met Scott from Five, Hugged Ronan Keating, hit Will Young on shins with a suitcase. Had conversation in Selfridges Brum with Jon Barrownman (I was covered in doughnut at the time) Met Mcfly twice whilst waiting for my daughter to come out of concerts. Met all Disney characters at Paris and Orlando. Met Osmonds (except Donny) outside the Lg arena where they hugged us all. Met Luke Goss (Bros) when he was in Grease. Cant think of anymore at the mo.x

Louise317
26-04-2011, 11:45 AM
hit Will Young on shins with a suitcase.

Jealous!!
love Will Young :blush:

LOL

Cammie Doodle
26-04-2011, 11:54 AM
Cooked for famous golfers and footballers in the 70's in Scotland.
Stood beside Sean Connery at a football match in my home town when I was child (wasted on me then lol ) Danced with George (Glen Murphy) from London's Burning at a charity bash for Great Ormond Street Hospital. Most of the celebs/ famous people I have seen / met have been through my catering jobs. Looks like my son is folllowing on from me, he used to work as a Chef at Russacks in St Andrews so he met all famous Golfers there and during his stint at Albannach in Trafalger Square he met the big names in Chef's ie Ramsey, Nouvelli and quite a few famous people that I can't think of at the moment .
Wow I did'nt think I had come across that many until I type this out :D

mama2three
26-04-2011, 12:01 PM
hardly 'fame' but i was on telly lots in the 70s as I was on the opening credits for a ( then) popular telly programme called Rosie , set in Scarborough. Spent a few summers working at the local theatre in the days of big summer shows , so spent a lot of nights after work with the 'stars!!' - Bobby Davro , Keith Harris , bobby crush and a few others.
i can tell youre underwhelmed!
Also had an 'encounter' with the hypnotist who features in the book / film 'yes man' .
Oh , and best friend was featured on Your life in their hands so was on telly again for that - someone should have told me that wearing white puts pounds on on camera!!

bandlady
26-04-2011, 12:14 PM
Not necessarily famous yet but I have met the bell ringers that were on Britains Got Talent - my husband works with the chap and I play in a brass band and have done a christmas concert with the bell ringers.

Denise

Carpet Monkeys
26-04-2011, 12:38 PM
I used to play with Howard from Take That when I was a little nipper, and I've met Brother Beyond, the Queen and Phil, also Jamie Cullum. I was also a Record Breaker back in the early 80's and met Roy Castle :) There are many more like sitting next to Geoff Capes, Eamon Holmes and Gerry Adams on different flights!

Minstrel
26-04-2011, 12:45 PM
I CM a famous persons grandchild but confidential!

kindredspirits
26-04-2011, 12:45 PM
ermm... my claim to fame???? :huh:
I shouted at Judge Jules the DJ whilst boarding an easy jet flight home from Ibiza - he actually shoved past me whilst I was holding my 18 month old son who had a broken leg at the time - so he could get to the door of the bus and onto the plane first. I didn't know who he was at the time but there were only about 10 of us on the bus (we bought speedy boarding passes) and the lady sitting next to me told me who he was.

Oh, and also in Ibiza i told Chicco off for shouting right next to my sleeping son - he was opening a new bar next door to where we were eating, it was lovely a quiet until he came poncing in. He looked motified and offered us tickets into the new bar but we wanted to stay as far away from him as possible - i'm not a fan.

thats about it, apart from singing a solo in the Albert Hall. :D i'm not an angry person, honest, just a protective mum.

Pipsqueak
26-04-2011, 01:24 PM
I CM a famous persons grandchild but confidential!

oh thats just a red rag and signal for us to pester the life out of you:laughing:

Thats fair enough though.. confidential does it:thumbsup:

Pixie dust
26-04-2011, 03:48 PM
Hugged Ronan Keating

So jealous I love that man sad but true:blush:

Twinkles
26-04-2011, 03:59 PM
My claim to fame is I've met Blaze :D

Ripeberry
26-04-2011, 04:09 PM
I met Charlie Chaplin when I was 4yrs old, but did not remember it. He was living in Switzerland at the time and was quite old. Also met Ken Dodd the following year according to my mum.
Since then I've not really met anyone famous up close apart from Sylvester McCoy when he did a play 'The Invisible Man' in Cardiff in the 90's.
He was in the middle of a 'chase' over all the chairs in the Theatre and sat by me and said "Hello" as he went past.

I also spoke to someone famous on the phone when I worked in car insurance but can't remember their name but everyone said it was someone from Coronation street, but I don't watch it anyway.

ajs
26-04-2011, 04:12 PM
Been on an advert on the telebox. Shared a flat with Chris barrie (red dwarf and other programmes) met s club 7
Featured in newspaper and had a magazine article written about me
Met David Essex too.

ajs
26-04-2011, 04:18 PM
Been on an advert on the telebox. Shared a flat with Chris barrie (red dwarf and other programmes) met s club 7
Featured in newspaper and had a magazine article written about me
Met David Essex too.
I also met Charlie chaplain when I was very small and was very shy so wouldn't talk to him.

Spoke to bryan ferry on the phone

karensmart4
26-04-2011, 04:31 PM
I haven't got a 'claim to fame' :blush: But I did do some catwalk modelling a few years ago and I have danced in a competion in Blackpool tower ballroom...didn't win, but did very well :D

rickysmiths
26-04-2011, 04:54 PM
I have met quite a lot of well known people and worked for some.

I used to play with Simon Maccorkindale, we were about 3 and neighbours!, he was in Casualty and sadly died last year :(

Have met Jack Watson and Oliver Tobias.

I made a birthday cake for Ozzy Osbourne and Sharrons first daughters first birthday and catered for the party.

I met Peter Duncan of Blue Peter fame when he was Chief Scout and he came to our Scout Groups Christmas Party.

I met Lady Olive Baden Powell, Chief Guide,at a Jamboree when I was Brownie in Kenya. I have a tiny black and white photo of us shaking hands.

Bill Bailey, I went to a Concert of his and spent 15 mins chatting to him at the end while I was waiting for Dh, who was catching up with someone he knew in the orchestra.

Bernard Haitink a very well known Conductor, my husband knows his wife they went to music school together.

I guess this is my claim to fame though. I was commissioned by Buckingham Palace to make a Wedding Cake for Charles and Diana. It was given to the Bath Hospitals so every patient who was in hospital in Bath on the day of their wedding had a slice of cake. I had my pictue in the local paper at the time.

The Juggler
26-04-2011, 04:59 PM
As it says on the tin really.

Mine is I have partied with East 17 and sat and chilled with them at a rave. didn't realise it was them at the time though - was never into them

Have danced with Mr Motivator (he is an absolute blast) and chatted to Terry Christian (not as much as a twit as he comes across on tv).

Met several characters from The Bill

Met Peppa Pig (much to my dismay) and the Fat Controller (and his missus)

met Boogie Pete (pretty fit)

now Pip that's just showing off :laughing: I've never properly met anyone famous (well except DH who released quite a few albums on the quiet indie scene and was quite big in US/Germany/Japan) not recognise in the street famous and never enough to make serious money - they were too busy drinking the profits.:laughing: :laughing:

I saw lots of famous people in my old job (worked at a record company but in HR :( so saw most of them arriving/leaving in limos.

Also in my first ever proper job (a music law firm) I made tea for primal scream - all of them - god knows if I got the order right and there seemed to be loads of them so passing them out was a nightmare. But that's it :blush: Get you lot with all your famous peeps. Suppose Angel wins the crown really with being married to her famous hubby and all :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Pipsqueak
26-04-2011, 05:24 PM
oh and silly billy me... totally forgot... I am married to a certain TT member.... all very hush hush of course....:D

Donkey
26-04-2011, 06:07 PM
I have met Ronan Keating, he opened hmv in sheffield, I was that close I could see the make up lines and had his leather jacket pressed against my side and smell his aftershave...

it was wasted on me as I was not a fan, but we had to get close to get everyone in the photo lol

Pixie dust
26-04-2011, 06:12 PM
I have met Ronan Keating, he opened hmv in sheffield, I was that close I could see the make up lines and had his leather jacket pressed against my side and smell his aftershave...

it was wasted on me as I was not a fan, but we had to get close to get everyone in the photo lol

In the words of my teenage children "THATS NOT FAIR" I am going to sulk all night now :p

Alibali
26-04-2011, 06:54 PM
I used to date George Clooney and Brad Pitt:D :D

Apart from that? I presented the Queen with flowers at the Silver Jubilee and I went to school with one of 'The Proclaimers' wives.

Midge Ure used to stay near me too:)

WibbleWobble
26-04-2011, 07:58 PM
my brother in law is the lead guitarist with Dr and the Medics....i know not much of a claim to fame

i was in brookside when Barry was buying travel tickets in chester...i walked behind him along northgate street with my mohican!

i had a drink at a bar in chester with morrisey...he was very miserable (no pun intended)

i dated the drummer from OMD in the mid 80s. his namewas malcom (not a drum machine). it was a very short relationship

thats it

mandy xx

louise
26-04-2011, 08:05 PM
I've meet lots of cheesy 90s 'pop stars' most you wont remember. Lee 911, H and Lee Steps, Brian Harvey when it was E17!, Asked a guy from Code Red photography tips, Hepburn, Phats and small, Nicky, Bryan and Kian when they were Westside. Mark knocked me in the road!
Also meet Jack osbourne, archie, newt and another from hollyoaks at a charity football match. Tony was a right **** refused to sign anything.
From working on a pharmacy I have helped Mike from young ones who was with eddie royal from eastenders. Also have meet Simon Davis from Tikkabilla. Timmy mallett put in some films for develping. I was really busy so had someone lese taking them in, she got in a muddle trying to spell his name so he said to put Timmy mallet, developed the photos n realised who it was!
Done a refund for nasty Nick from Eastenders. Had to remember the name on credit card and check later if it was him.
Remember the Ordinary boys walked round like they owned the place before they were even well known. DH happened to realise who they were.
Dh has meet or spotted plenty as he works in Brighton. Have a feeling he will spend his lunch near the centre as Liam Gallagher is with his new band tom night.

My great Uncle was one of the leaders of the scouts when Ralph Reader set up the gangshow and is mentioned in one of the books.
Oh Chris Eubank always use to be about

missymood
26-04-2011, 08:19 PM
I snogged one of the Bros twins at school:laughing:

Blaze
26-04-2011, 08:44 PM

My friend Lisa dated one of the Bros twins around 1993 (give or take a year)!

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
26-04-2011, 08:44 PM
loads of 90's pop people. I actually know boyzone on a first name basis (they all know my name lol) I use to babysit clive andersons kids as well as Michael Rosens (bear hunt author) Got my pic taken with Tito Jackson.

Oh and i was friends with R-Patz sis before he was famous

Pauline
26-04-2011, 08:47 PM
Jimmy Saville waved to me from a window when he visited our school. :)

He was in the hall giving a talk to 6th formers. I was taking a message from one teacher to another which meant going past the hall. I stopped to take a peek and he saw me looking in at him and waved - I legged it quick in case I got into trouble. :laughing:

Chatterbox Childcare
26-04-2011, 08:53 PM
I am a descendant of the composer of "Pomp and Circumstance" but don't recall meeting anyone famous - can't read music either! :D

Greengrass74
26-04-2011, 08:54 PM
my wifes brother is a premiership footballer. I had football trials with several clubs and shared a flat with Paul Gascoine when we were both younger, before he was famous

~Chelle~
26-04-2011, 09:01 PM
my wifes brother is a premiership footballer. I had football trials with several clubs and shared a flat with Paul Gascoine when we were both younger, before he was famous

Ooooh what footballer??

I sat on Windsor Davies lap at my cousins summer fete! (it ain't arf hot mum)!

Met Amir Khan, Jeff Brazier, Mark Ramprahkash (sp) at a charity football match, Jeff was sooooo lovely and friendly.

My son's actually shook hands with John Cena (wrestler) last Monday night at the 02 Arena, they were both very excited about that :D

The Juggler
26-04-2011, 09:39 PM

now an actual snog IS a claim to fame :laughing:

glitzygal
26-04-2011, 10:23 PM
I took my daughters to see CHIPMUNK in concert, my daughters bought a rose for him and they wouldnt take it in,,,,,,,(they were old enough to go by themselves,,, but I wanted to see him to )

i did and while he sang i held it up and he took it and winked,,,,,,,,,,,lol:blush:

oh i know,,, your all proberly saying ,,whos that,,, and yes i am an the older fan :blush:

then we went to the KFC after and i noticed him and his bouncers walk in,,,i handed him our tickets and he signed them,,,a great end to the evening,,,made my day,,,,

but he was great ,,,,,,,,,:D

The Juggler
27-04-2011, 06:21 AM

ooh I bet you shared a few hangovers with Gazza! go on tell who the footballer is ;)

marnieb
27-04-2011, 06:38 AM
I used to work in a shop in central london, and used to see Jonathan Ross and Phil Jupitus all the time.

But also served director Kevin Smith (Clerks)..... but one time famour actor Billy Zane came in to the shop when i was on my own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

He was so nice and so utterly gorgeous in the flesh (I used to have a crush on him when I was younger!), he asked if we had a cetain book in stock, and my actual answer was 'wzzzningig'.............. :blush: - and bless him, he actually said 'pardon' so i could compose myself and tell him we didnt have that book in stock!!!!!

tinkerbelle
27-04-2011, 08:02 AM
iv had a kiss off of eric cantona, met gary speed, gary mcalister,tony derago and gordon strachen leeds united team in 92,
met david beckham and ryan giggs at old trafford
simon gregson (steve in corro) sally from corro
jimmy saville richard from countdown, milandra burrows ex emmerdale
various emmerdale cast at telethon 1992
kissed steven houghton londons burning
met calum best and danny dyer at local night club

mrs coops
27-04-2011, 08:26 AM
I live near david jason and have met him when i worked in a paper shop near his house :laughing: one of the other girls i worked with tripped over a pile of papers when he was at the counter and fell on her face he burst out laughing but she waas mortified(sp)
i have also met timmy malet leo sayer and dennis berchamp(sp):clapping:

candy cat
27-04-2011, 09:20 AM
In 1996 met take that backstage and 'Tangoed' Gary Barlow:blush: ........he said in an interview he always wanted to be tangoed (tango drink orange rubber glove)with me? Anyway we took a group of special needs kids with us and we tangoed Gary.....great day out!:)

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
27-04-2011, 11:31 AM
I live 5 mins away from Ross Kemp, not really a claim to fame.

Carpet Monkeys
27-04-2011, 01:04 PM
I saw Albert Finney (Daddy Warbucks from Annie) in our local Co-op yesterday evening ... he lives just down the road from me.

Greengrass74
27-04-2011, 01:42 PM
ooh I bet you shared a few hangovers with Gazza! go on tell who the footballer is ;)

Surprisingly he didn't drink back then, he was totally dedicated to football and becoming the best, we did have some great laughs though.

jadavi
27-04-2011, 02:55 PM
ha ha lovely thread!
Right....uncle invented the hovercraft, mum nearly married Lesley Phillips and John Sessions was one of my boyfriends......

jac x

The Juggler
27-04-2011, 09:56 PM
ha ha lovely thread!
Right....uncle invented the hovercraft, mum nearly married Lesley Phillips and John Sessions was one of my boyfriends......

jac x

now that is definately showing off :laughing: :laughing:

emmadines
27-04-2011, 11:28 PM
I have met and chatted to David Essex and his family many times (mad fan) met Derek Hough and had hugs and kisses (before Cheryl) Met Scott from Five, Hugged Ronan Keating, hit Will Young on shins with a suitcase. Had conversation in Selfridges Brum with Jon Barrownman (I was covered in doughnut at the time) Met Mcfly twice whilst waiting for my daughter to come out of concerts. Met all Disney characters at Paris and Orlando. Met Osmonds (except Donny) outside the Lg arena where they hugged us all. Met Luke Goss (Bros) when he was in Grease. Cant think of anymore at the mo.x

awwwwwwww john barrowman!!!! its such a shame (id try lol)

i know two ppl who work at the framestore (they shoot and edit various things, including some pixar stuff,)