PDA

View Full Version : Registration visit next week!

KT LOU
25-04-2011, 07:00 AM
Hi everyone i am new to this site! I have my registration visit booked for next tuesday and i really dont know where to start as far as the paperwork is concerned. How does everyone else do it? Do you have a seperate folder for risk asessments, policies, etc? Please help!

sarah707
25-04-2011, 08:04 AM
Go through the pre-registration booklet from Ofsted and make sure you have thoughts to answer the questions.

The rest you should be helped with during your pre-registration course.

Good luck! :D

KT LOU
25-04-2011, 04:53 PM
Do i need to have risk assessments for everything possible done before the reg visit? or is it a case of risk assess the house and a couple of outings then build it up as i go along?

I am going to set up a file with the following contents:
1. About me - including details about me, my family, my house, my training and copies of certificates
2. What i can offer and my terms and conditions
3. Policies
4. Risk assessments
5. Emergency plans

What have i missed?

lfishwick
25-04-2011, 05:31 PM
You do not need it all set up and completed for your pre reg - but you do need to have an idea of what you are going to do.

At my Pre Reg the inspector said to me at the very start - what you say you are going to do today is what you will be inspected against at your grading inspection - so do not say you are going to do something if you think you will be unable to do it!! I liked that opening as there was nothing hidden!

I had my portfolio - that included info about my family, myself, what I offer etc, my policies & procedures, consents, my qualifications, CRB, 1st Aid etc, a section for the Ofsted booklets and then a section with info booklets for parents that my DO gave me.

I have a separate planning folder and a separate RA folder - I just showed her examples of templates I thought I may use and a few completed RA's. But I think I do this as I have always had a separate planning folder as a teacher and I like to keep resources etc in it and would not have space for all of that in my other folder.

I had my pre reg booklet in front of me but to be honest I didnt use it...

Mrs O was lovely - was with me 2 hours, it was very informal and I did not feel at all under pressure or as if I was being interrogated at any point! I showed her around the house, discussed any adaptations I had made or were planning on making and it all went really well!

Good luck!!

KT LOU
25-04-2011, 09:18 PM
Thankyou so much for your post it is very reassuring! I was worried as i havent put the door locks on the kitchen doors yet (they are sat on the shelf waiting for OH to fit them lol) and i havent bought a fire guard yet either. I am sat writing my policies this evening, i am largely using templates from the Trio website and adapting them to suit my needs, do you think this will be ok?

KT LOU
30-04-2011, 08:57 PM
Hi ladies me again, i am so nervous for tuesday! Do i need my risk assessments done by tuesday? and do they ask loads of questions on the EYFS and are they hard questions? Its been a while since i did my course now and im worried might fail if i cant answer questions correctly :(

pinkbutterfly
01-05-2011, 05:41 AM
You need to have house and garden risk assesment done. I did mine as a part of my pre reg course and it was sent to my tutor in order to complete the course. I haven't made a copy to keep for myself so I didn't have it at the time Mrs O visited and she gave me an action to complete it and that delayed the registration by a few days.
Don't worry about your house not being ready. It doesn't have to be ready. You just have to show you thought about dangers.
The questions are not difficult ... if you get stuck they give clues ;)
Don't worry too much.
It's ok to use templates but you have to make sure you change them to suit your setting.
Good luck

KT LOU
02-05-2011, 06:51 PM
Thankyou thats good to know. The home and garden risk assesment is the last thing on my list to do tonight then i need to print it all. Are most of the questions on the EYFS? This is the bit i am most worried about as i did my course over a year ago and have been on mat leave for 10 months so a bit rocky on it all :blush:

princess-c1984
03-05-2011, 04:20 PM
Hi KT how did it go today? I am dreding my visit (not sure when its going to be) as like you I did the course last year and have only just recently looked at all the work I did lol! I can't remember much from the course :( What type of things did they ask and look at?
x