PDA

View Full Version : Don't panic all !!

Rach30
26-04-2008, 08:11 PM
Ok went on a really interesting EYFS course today . It is looking into the four themems . Its over 2 saturdays (9.30 - 4.30) and we lookked at the first 2 themes today and the next 2 on the next session . I was trying to remeber so much to tell you guys !!!:D But basically the big thing i got from it is this :

[SIZE="4"]Nearly all the stuff in the themes we do already !!!:D :D [/S

So honsetly dont panic at all . And if you get the cahance to go on training then i would say take it and hope its as good as mine was today .

Another useful thing we were told is that OFSTED are gonna be really into self assesments , being self reflective . So constantly asking yourself why you do the things you do , is effective ect ect.

Hope that makes sense :D

miffy
26-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Good to hear some positive feedback about EYFS training - pleased you enjoyed it and got something out of it

miffy xx

Rach30
26-04-2008, 08:18 PM
Yes and they provided a very nice lunch too lol . :D I'll do anything if a spreads provided me ha ha ha.

miffy
26-04-2008, 08:20 PM
Oh I agree - first criteria when choosing courses especially if giving up a saturday is whether a decent lunch is provided :laughing:

miffy xx

sarah707
26-04-2008, 08:39 PM
Oh yes... mine was a nice lunch as well and when they put chocolate out for pud and I said I didn't eat it, they went off and got me some warm apple pie and ice cream! :D

Good feedback on the course Rach...! Thank you for that! :D

miffy
26-04-2008, 08:44 PM
Oh yes... mine was a nice lunch as well and when they put chocolate out for pud and I said I didn't eat it, they went off and got me some warm apple pie and ice cream! :D

Good feedback on the course Rach...! Thank you for that! :D

Wish I hadn't read that Sarah - I could just eat some chocolate or some apple pie and ice-cream or anything else that's yummy and fattening

miffy xx

angeldelight
26-04-2008, 09:20 PM
Thanks for letting us know

Angel xx

wendywu
26-04-2008, 10:46 PM
I should be fine then i am always asking myself WHAT AM I DOING!:laughing:

I hope to get on a further planning course in June, but as usual have not been told yet if i have got onto it. :panic:

I am sure once we all get into it, we will find it interesting.:thumbsup:

hello kitty
27-04-2008, 11:10 AM
I'm going on my course in June with some other cm friends - this is spread over 2 saturdays too. Hope the food is good!!!!

breezy
27-04-2008, 11:16 AM
I'm going to complain!
My course is over two Saturdays and we have to take our own lunch, SO NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not fussy I'll eat anything so they could at least try!!!
On a great SEN course at the moment Tuesday nights unlimited coffee and biscuits ( real filter coffee too!!!!!!!!!)
:laughing:

Mollymop
27-04-2008, 11:47 AM
Why can't everyone have the same courses!

I completed my training a few weeks ago and it was only 4 hours long in total spread over 2 Saturdays - 1 in March, 10am till 12pm and 1 in april, 10am till 12pm.

I didn't learn hardly anything in those 2 hour sessions.:rolleyes:

Pauline
27-04-2008, 12:22 PM
I should be fine then i am always asking myself WHAT AM I DOING!:laughing:

Wendy that made me laugh :laughing:

I've heard that the self-assessment forms will be half the size of the trial ones they sent out to a selection of childminders to try out. Perhaps Ofsted do listen to feedback! ;)

mumtodaniel
27-04-2008, 07:14 PM
That sounds great, all we had here was one sessions for two hours and didn't even get coffee - pretty useless really, didn't even have the EYFS booklets to give out.

I get so much more info here.

Maureen

Rubybubbles
27-04-2008, 07:19 PM
oh thanks for that

I'm on mine in May over 2 mondays same time, with lunch:clapping:

nannan
27-04-2008, 07:52 PM
thank you for the feedback on your course, nice to know that we are already doing most of the things that are required of us.

donnahay0
27-04-2008, 08:56 PM
I have just been on part 1 of 4 courses for the eyfs training and like Sandra didn't learn anything - it was a total waste of time. Will have to consider finding another course.